My new book

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WolfgangW_*

Guest_WolfgangW_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

Dear friends of Hermann´s Tortoises,
I want every keeper of European Tortoises to be aware of my new book “ Naturalistic keeping and breeding of Hermann´s Tortoises”.
I have written this book as a tortoises friend of many years and as a breeder of, amongst others, Hermann‘s Tortoise. It is a summary of my own experiences, gathered from years of observation of specimens in captivity, in natural habitats, and from the exchange of information with other keepers and breeders.
I have consciously attempted to convey my own knowledge and understanding of rather complex biological processes in a very simplified manner so that the respective concepts are as widely comprehendable as possible.
If this book helps only a few small tortoises hatched in human care and never seeing their southern homelands to live to their natural life expectancy, then my work will have reached its intended goal.
Inform your self on the http://www.testudo-f...ml/en_home.html

Best regards from Lake Constanze, Germany
Yours Wolfgang Wegehaupt

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

]
Wow!! Well done you!! It sounds fab, I will certainly be interested in having a look! smile.gif

Paula x

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

It's actually quite expensive but says on the website that there's a discount if more than 5 ordered?? What sort of discount is it? Would it be worth 5 of us ordering together I wonder? Is there 5 of us that would like the book? Let me know.....

#4 Guest_darran_*

Guest_darran_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hi Dawn,
I would be very interested.
Darran

#5 Guest_pinkblue_*

Guest_pinkblue_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

me too

#6 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

Theres 3 of us...... anymore???

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:52 PM

It is expensive... 45 euros, he says that the discount is 6 books for the price of 5.

45 x 5 / 6 = 37.5 euros each is the discounted price.

Paula x

#8 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

mmmmm, you got a point there Paula! rolleyes.gif

#9 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

Count me in, I would like one, its on my wish list!!!!!!! lol

#10 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Sod it!! Count me in too, I'd love one!

Just one more then?

Paula x

#11 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

No thats the 5 isn't it???

Now the only problem is how do we do this? Does one person order the 5 books? Has everyone got paypal? Or do we do it by cheques? Who's gonna do the order? I don't mind but I cant afford to do it till I get everyones money.... any other offers???

Don't all rush now!!! LOL!!! rolleyes.gif

It might be an idea to contact Wolfgang first and get the total of the order so we know exactly how much we will be paying..... Shall I email him and find out to start with and then we go from there???

#12 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

We need 6! rolleyes.gif Then between us we pay for 5.... and there's the discount... I think!

Paula x

#13 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

As Paula said, sod it , count me in too. Possibly ask for a further discount if we review it on the forum????

#14 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit confuffled at the mo... have tried emailing through the website and it won't happen! So I will try and PM him through here. Not willing to part with that amount of money until I have had some form of contact from him....

hold on to your wallets for the time being I'll see what sort of deal he'll do us!

#15 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

I have just PM'd him through the forum.... will let you know when (if) I hear back....

#16 Guest_pinkblue_*

Guest_pinkblue_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

ok let me know what hapening with this?

#17 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

Will do..

Wolfgang was on here just a minute ago and I was hoping we might get a reply but no luck yet..... sad.gif bear with us....

#18 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hi All!

I've had a message back from Wolfgang and he will do the first order only for 30 euro's per book inc shipping as a special intro offer, in return, we will review the book for him on the forum and spread the word about the book.

So, please can I have your names if you def want the book. I am happy to place the order but am afraid I will need the money upfront as you are talking just under 200 euros! If you want, you can email me at

dawn.shelley@hotmail.co.uk

or message me through PM or on the forum and let me know;

1. your proper name inc your forum username (I know most of you but heyho!)

2. How you will pay me (would prefer paypal)

Once I got the names of everybody and the money I will place the order.

NOTICE Any books ordered AFTER this will be charged at the normal price so if you want it at the reduced price of 30 euros you will need to come in with us....

Cheers,

#19 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

****BUMP****

Sorry guys wanna keep this up the top for you all to see....

#20 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

I'll e mail you Dawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users