Pale tongue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

I bath my tortoises every other day sometimes daily,they never go any more than two days.
They have vitimin and calcium sprinkled on their food and are fed weeds and very few treats.
I no their tongue should be a nice pink colour in which it is most of the time,however sometimes it is a little paler on the odd day.
I have looked very carefully into both their mouths and is no white cheesey substance on the tongue or mucus to cause concern.
I thought maybe they where dehydrated although I do bath them regular only dont want to constantly morning and night as I dont think they will feel the benefit of a bath if in the future they become ill?
Do you think they need more vitimins added or any other suggestions would be great.
I must just add they eat no problems many thanks to all whom may reply.
is it paler in the morning a tortoises tongue perhaps? or could it be to many dandilions?

#2 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hello Louise
I would be a lot more concerned if it were a permanent thing or very red and sore looking.
Although I can't say it's related, but has your tortoise been wormed, if not take a feacal sample to your vet and have it checked out, tortoise can and do live with some worms but not an overload, so worth thinking about.
Try to mix the diet a bit too, there is so much out there at the moment, in case it is the dandelions
Arnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users