vivariums

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_doughnut_*

Guest_doughnut_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

now, here is the truth about vivariums.

you may only use a vivarium on a hatchling, a vivarium is betterfor a hatchling than a table top as it is more closed.

i joined the BCG you see, they gave me care sheets for hermanns, spur-thighed and horsefields.

if you need more information ask me and i can get some through to you

#2 Guest_grahame_*

Guest_grahame_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:28 PM

Hi doughnut
how can a viv be ok for a tort, what about the humidity Levels? :D

regards gray

#3 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:30 PM

Hatchlings in the wild dont need a viv........please dont give out potentially fatal advice and claim its the truth

#4 Guest_Kevan_*

Guest_Kevan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:08 PM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-06-05 AT 09:11 PM (GMT) by Andy (admin)]The BCG talks b******s actually where vivariums are concerned. When 700 russian tortoises were seized by customs several years ago the BCG had the highest death rate amongst all those taken for rehoming! Fact!

#5 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:13 PM

Nice reply, But please watch your language on the forum, This is a family site, cheers

#6 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:48 PM

Hello Dan
I have 12 hatchlings from last year, they have never seen a viv, they lived in a table top and have been under a combined UV/heat lamp until recently, (dam English Weather):-) and they are first class.
The BCG are very behind on modern husbandry, hopefully they will get there, but it's not going to happen quickly.
Keep going to your local BCG if that is what you are doing, and tactfully suggest more modern ways of husbandry to them, if you doggedly keep doing this, then one day they will see the light.
Arnie

#7 Guest_Kevan_*

Guest_Kevan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

They ain't seen it in the last 10 years of banging away at them - in fact theyr adamant they are doing things right.they still have get togethers where you take your tortoises how dumb is that

#8 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

kevan,

it seems they forget about all the pathogens between diff species, how unbelievably stupid is that!

marvellous:(

#9 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

we would prefer correct info, not misleading info when comes down to new tort owners looking for help.

marvellous

#10 Guest_doughnut_*

Guest_doughnut_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

sorry for the concerns, i did not know that the BCG were not very reliable. i do apologise. as i proud member i should know better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users