- - - - -

opening a tortoises mouth esp Honey or Andy

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_newbietortie_*

Guest_newbietortie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

Sorry James but i am really worried about your spelling of obviously! And mature, and most of it for that matter. And how on earth does Jo judge people?! Thats so hypocritical as you just called Marvellous 'bitchy' for saying absolutley NOTHING! Arrrgghh there are no words!

#22 Guest_desertrat_*

Guest_desertrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:48 PM

age - why do people brang up the issue of age!! Just because he is 15 does that mean he isn't mature? I'm 16 and I would've thought I was mature and sensible. As for his spelling - we are not all perfect you know!!
I wish people on this forum will stop argueing!

Rich

#23 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Rich.
I am a very poor speller and will amit that,and I am in special needs in school,but that doesnt get in my way and my carea is to be a police officer and that will not get in the wayand actualy I find that very offencive.Nobody is perfect.After the things you have been through I thought you would be more mature.You must be a sad person and have a sad life you comment on somebody's spelling,and that is a good example of judging people.I surrpose 15,is still a little boy,but by your attitude your still a little girl.This is a forum to disscuss tort welfe and that is what it is going to be.
Many thanks and regards,little boy!
Check the spelling...

#24 Guest_newbietortie_*

Guest_newbietortie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:09 PM

I dont give a poo whether you can spell or not, i was having a go at you cos you had a go at everyone else. your right nobodys perfect i cant do maths or sports etc. I was making a point, not intending to offend. I agree, lets get back to talking about torts. :(

#25 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

Ok everyone that's it time out!!!

If this continues on this forum i will start moderating the messages so only the ones i want published will be allowed. I am sure you do not want this as this will delay the message being displayed.

If you have an urgent question would you like to wait upto 8 to 12 hours before it is displayed?

If you do then carry on and i will have no choice in the matter. I am not having everyone using the forum as a battle ground, i am sure other chat rooms on the net could be used?

so lets get on with what we are here for and help people with tortoise probelms...

#26 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

100% agree

#27 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:27 AM

Well Im sorry james but I think you are being immature, your picking arguments for the sake of it and deliberately trying to get yourself involved.
Incidentally at 14 you have absolutely no chance of showing me up........now grow up and stop working yourself, stick to the matter in hand which is torts

#28 Guest_desertrat_*

Guest_desertrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:31 AM

sorry Andy but this must be said -
Jo - you've given good advice to people which I appreciate but there is no need to keep mentioning age - he's 14, so what?

sorry
deserrat

#29 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

Hello Joanne
I am not in the slightest trying to cause arguments.Lets get on to what we are here to do as in the past you have answerd my questions and what a delight reading them.I am not going to get into any perthetic arguments,though I must say it is the adults.Age means nothing,and I wish you not to jugde me because of my age.
Why did you reply after Andy posted a message saying "STOP"
Regards and thank-you Craig

#30 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:51 AM

Yes I will second that and lets hope we get back to the question in general.
I would like to read replies with regard to my question not to people having a go at one another and ##### for tat.
I have been using this forum a short time and my main concerns are getting it right for my tortoises to live a happy life.
We are here to share our observations, not argue so lets talk tortoises eh and build on some real skills of getting things right for our little people (tortoises)???

#31 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

Just like to share with you all I will find the correct way to my question and hope to share with you all encase you have to ever observe your tortoises mouth.
Will keep you all posted.
Please do not reply to this post if it is not with regard to the main question many thanks and kind regards

#32 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

Gentley but firmly hold the head behind the skull with left hand thumb and middle finger, ease jaw down with right hand thunb and index finger, place left hand index finger in mouth to keep open.
Opposite way round if you are left handed as in the photo
The smaller the tort the harder to do
Arnie

#33 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

Thankyou and for enclosing such picture of method used.
It nice to see someone take the time to show such method and the photo is a good, although yes my tortoises are smaller than the one illustrated.
A very good clear method,I dare say in the future at some stage of our tortoises life we will have to conduct such practise and I would prefer to do right then someone say they think they no and get it wrong.
on behalf of myself and im sure others will aggree a big thankyou is given to you,thankyou for taking the time and putting real effort into giving the answer to the question in general.
Well done

#34 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

Is that Dianne?

#35 Guest_katiew7103_*

Guest_katiew7103_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:08 PM

Just to say I used this very method when I had to worm my tortoise this week. I am a complete novice but someone on another forum told me how to do it. I was suprised how strong the head and neck muscles were and it took me a few good goes to get a firm grip. My tort is only 2. I've got to dose him again in 3 weeks time, lets hope he hasn't got wise!
Katie

#36 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

HAHA yes hope he does not get wise I bet it was so nerve racking it would not be my fav of jobs.
I think its with their eyes just looking so loving at you makes me melt and the thought of them thinking you are trying to hurt them.
OHHH well its better we get this right many thanks fo your reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users