- - - - -

outside tort....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_B E C K Y_*

Guest_B E C K Y_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:09 AM

hey everyone! havnt been on here for a while now! been rather busy with exams (gcses) etc! but as i have a studay day today i thought id jts pop on to post some queries. i no i haev asked b4 about outside enclosures, but right now my dad hasnt got time to make one as he is a farmer and is silageing! (out constantly at the mo). my outside enclosure woudl have to be covered somone how as we haeva farm dog that obviosul we would want to keep out!if anyoen ahs any suggestions on how to cnstruct a suitable house i woudl be very grateful!
at the moment i haev been takin kelly outside for about 1;2 and hr each day in the afternoon, i know this isnt enough ,btu without an enclsure i cant leave her and with exams etc i haevnt got time to watch her for hours (as much id id love too!. is this a good idea? she seems ot love it out there and explores far and wide - she doesnt stop! she seems to haev all the energy in teh world! any help appricitaed! thnku becky adn kelly x x x
p.s im sorry about the spelling mistakes but i have to go ad revise now soo in a rush to write this! soz! x

#2 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:57 PM

Hi Becky,

Have you not tried any of the suggestion on www.tortoises.net ?
Im sure your Dad will have lots of chicken wire you would construct a animal proof lid with.
Kellys missing out on all the sun :-(

#3 Guest_B E C K Y_*

Guest_B E C K Y_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:33 PM

ye we haev the pleny of chicken wire - but no time! u dnt realise how busy he is at the moment! yei no she is, i had her out wid me for hours today, as i just revised in the sun! when she does haev her outside enclosure tho, i want it to b big as shes such an explorer! shell just roam as far as she can see! and iv bin advise not to use chicken wire as shell walk into in adn think she can keep going - like a viv! thnxtho, any other suggestions etc helpful!thnx joanne, becky and kelly x x x

#4 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

Hi Becky,
My Husband has Just made me an outdoor enclosure it might take a bit of time though, But here is a picture of it.
Its not quite finished yet as he has to put mesh over the top yet but it keeps my dogs away and it is totally escape proof & preditor proof, But still gets lots of sunshine. its on a concrete base and buit up with 2 rows of blocks and the meshed, I hope this might give you some ideas!!
Yours
Joanne

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com

#5 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

Hi Kelly,

I meant use the chicken wire as a lid, not around the sides :-)

#6 Guest_Val_*

Guest_Val_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:03 PM

Hi Becky.

Nice to see you back,and good luck with the exams.

:(

Val

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users