Victor and Bentley's run

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:01 PM

This is Victor and Bentley's run. It's 9x6 and completely enclosed with rigid wire. We've had to put wood around the base of the wire and now have to 'cap' the corners. (See the post of Victor climbing on the main section of the forum), I'm gradually filling it with weeds/plants. They have heat on for part of the day. They're not impressed with the weather at the moment, so I'm putting them back indoors for night-times/mornings till the weather improves. I don't think Victor's eaten for a fortnight.
Victor went in the hut from the first day, but Bentley goes in one of the other corners, so I'm going to have to build a little shelter there - he's just got a bit of drainpipe at the moment and I have to put him in his proper bed at night

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

That's impressive! I like!!!!!!! :D

I had a kennel like that last year, they are really good - I only got rid of mine cos I wanted a shed. I like your ramp - where did you get that from?

#3 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

The ramp was one of hubby's bodges from scraps. P.s the back of the tortoise you can see is a stone one!

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

That is fab Lin, I like the idea of it being completely enclosed for safety and security, all the little chaps need now is a great summer!

Paula x

#5 Guest_pinkblue_*

Guest_pinkblue_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

its lovely i off out too garden center later too get some more bit for my outside run

#6 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

Lin, Great run for your Boys, do I see that they have electric in the wooden hut? :rolleyes:

#7 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

Yes there is electric, but as it's not that big, I only put the heat on for an hour a day as the wood gets a bit warm. I tried a smaller bulb, but that didn't seem adequate.

#8 Guest_Maddie_*

Guest_Maddie_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

Wow that a great enclosure, was just wondering what you painted the wood in? Were thinking of painting the wood for Horis future enclosure but am wondering if any thing is bad for them? Any Ideas?

#9 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

I didn't actually add anything to what was already on the wood, but I would have thought any of the animal-friendly preservatives would be ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users