• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

Tilly, female THB approx 9yrs old

Mollie, ?female THB nearly 2yrs old

THB eggs, laid 9th May, full incubation started yesterday - EDD 5th July (if fertile!)

#2 Guest_layla_*

Guest_layla_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

Oh Wow, EDD July, Already said I've no patience. I've got everything crossed for you on the fertile front, that really doesn't sound right, but I know what i mean. LOL. :rolleyes:

Would sooooooo love to have another one, But Ethel not quite ready yet. :unsure:

Well Gail on holiday so at the minute I have Phoebe and Dora. You know it only dawned on us the other day that we can no longer go away together!!! Because of the child care (Oh sorry tort care) needed while we're away. :(

Anyway I'm waffling now so time to go.

Keep us posted Dawn please.

Jacqui
xx

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

Well if you change your mind you know where I am... (not even gonna charge for them to people of the forum that I know and trust!) ;) Not that I'm trying to persuede you.. uh ah, not me, not I....wouldn't dream of it.... :rolleyes:

#4 Guest_layla_*

Guest_layla_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Not me that needs persuading, its Ethel, I've even convinced the Old Man. But Ethel comes first. :unsure:

Couldn't find a crying smiley.

Jacqui

xxx

#5 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Good luck with the eggs, i will keep my fingers crossed for you

Is that a home made incubator?

Andy

#6 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hi Andy, no it's the hovabator... I have to say i was quite suprised myself to pay £60 and open the outer box to find a polystylene box inside!!!! I can understand why people make them thereselves!!! It must be easy and cheaper!!!! :rolleyes:

#7 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

It's going to feel sooooooo loooooonnnnnnnnnng to july!! :LOL:

Can you tell before July if they are fertile without candling? Do they darken as they grow maybe? would be such a shame if none of them hatch style_emoticons/default/sad.gif after all the time checking on then and keeping it all perfect.

Well at least you have others to keep your mind off the eggs for some of the time. Loving the new additions :wub:

So much for me saying no to Elly, and that we need to hybernate a couple of times before we have anymore... both as broody as anything lol !

Happy new shelled ones lol all of them

Lezlie
xx

#8 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Awwwww, thanks Lezlie :wub: I might try and candle them in a few weeks time (if I can get the guts up!!!)... if I do and I can get a decent photo then I'll post it... watch this space.....

#9 Guest_pinkblue_*

Guest_pinkblue_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

awww good luck with it all hope fertile july ages away its going be hard for you

#10 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

July???? :blink:
I think you should get a tort cam so that we can all help watch!!

I know nothing about eggs and the care needed, so what happens next? Do you just make sure they are at a certain temperature? Is there anything else you need to do at this time? This is soooooo exciting!

Paula x

#11 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

Just been for a look in the other sections for your new big girl, :rolleyes: and there she was at the top of the page! Doh!
Bless her she looks all sheepish, she's lovely. :wub: and then Mollie... she has beautiful markings :wub:
I think you are going to be a very busy girl for a while! :D

Paula x

#12 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Love your new tort. Hope all goes well with the eggs. See chat room for Monday eve

#13 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

Lovely markings on your new Lady!!! :wub: Good luck with your eggs (you know what I mean)

#14 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

I'd be interested in one of the babies, Dawn, so hope all goes well. Must be difficult not to peep at the eggs all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users