- - - - -

Everyday vs. 5 x a day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pamela_*

Guest_Pamela_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

I have been feeding my hatchlings everyday. On the Menu: fresh Dandelion, dried Chickweed, dried Calendula Flowers, dried Yarrow Flowers, dried Nettle Leaf, fresh green leafy lettuce, dried meal worm, water soaked mazuri tortoise pellet, opuntia, blood worms (once), and strawberries (twice) - all sprinkled with vitamins and calcium. Should I feed them everyday or 5-times a week? I believe I should be feeding them 5-times a week, however, I am unable to find the article or the website, that indicated they should be feed 5-times a week. On non-feeding days, should I feed them green leafy lettuce? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

#2 Guest_amy_smith33_*

Guest_amy_smith33_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

What sort of hatchlings?

Amy

#3 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

If this diet is for hermann hatchlings it needs changing today !!!
Hermanns are STRICTLY herbivores, why are you feeding them blood and meal worms !! Pellets are the WORST thing you can feed your tort on, they are high in protein and should be avoided at all costs.
Also, why are you feeding them 'dried'? Think about how a hatchling would manage in the wild and he wouldnt eat half the things your feeding them on. Leafy green lettuce has extremely poor nutritional value, at this time of the year it shouldnt cost you a penny to feed your hatchlings as weeds are plentiful.
They must be fed every day, they are only babies, but their diet needs changing drastically.......cut out the strawberries too, no fruit at all in fact.
Go to www.tortoises.net for comprehensive diet advice. I cannot stress too strongly the importance of a correct diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users