Just To let You Know Harry Has Been Stolen

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:03 PM

Hi All,

Just to let you all know that Harry one of my Tortoises has been stolen from my garden, Funny this has only happened since the discussion on dealers.

Also Ruth Petford has stated on the Tortoise Trust discussion group that she has my home address and has visited my house before, lots have people have stated on the tortoise trust group that they do not need an excuse to come arround!!!

This has been reported to the Police and they will be looking into this, but i would like to know what Ruth has to say about this?

No doubt harry will never be found and he is lost for good..

#2 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

Hello Andy
I am so sorry,it just proves how some people are so sick.I am sure the police will do there very best to find him.
Kind regards and best wished.
James

#3 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

James,

Lets hope they find the people that have done this, i am so saddened that this has happened. I still can not believe someone would take him.

I am keeping my figures crossed that the police will find him...

#4 Guest_jill 1_*

Guest_jill 1_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

Andy, how awful!!! You must be gutted! I haven't been on the site for a while and this is the first post that I have read. I sincerely hope that Harry returns soon.

#5 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:47 PM

Jill,

Thanks, Its funny how i sent an email to Ruth Petford asking if she had given out my address and i have no reply, yet she was quick enough to have a go at me for something i have not done.

Also all the other members on the site that put in there 2 pennies worth have not yet even placed a message on this thread.

Its OK to have a go, but when something like this happens it makes me sick to my stomach. My wife has been in tears over this and my children are heart broken at the loss of Harry.

I have nothing to hide, i am not a dealer and never have been, but can any of you that said i was hold your head up and say that you now nothing about this. I am just waiting for the reply to say that i deserve this, we will wait and see.

The member with the name of marvellous is quick enough to have a go at me, but i do not see any replies on this thread. As for Sue, that was also using the name of Honey amongst other, i am glad to see the back of, at least my members will not get harassment through private emails.

I have said enough, thanks to all of my loyal members and the support that i have had, to those that are here to have a go at the site and John's business are no longer welcome and if this continues your account will be removed...

#6 Guest_slowcoach_*

Guest_slowcoach_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

Andy
I am so sorry to hear about Harry - but as you have been telling everyone else (re JOHN) be careful what you insinuate!! Perhaps the reason people are not responding to this thread is because they are having to get new identities to be able to get back onto the forum as you are banning them!!! this is a good site to get info from so Andy don't give up -

#7 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:18 PM

Andy,

I am sorry for anyone who has their torts stolen,and would imagine it is upsetting,but i feel that if i had responded to your tort being stolen you would have accused me of being sarcastic.I do hope you find your tort.

Marvellous

#8 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:49 AM

As many know - tortoises often go missing for days at a time. I have lost torts for over a week before now so he may well turn up in the garden somewhere. What action are the police taking and what on earth has Sue said to people that is strong enough to be called harassment - this does not sound like the Sue from the other lists!
Nikki

#9 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

Hi,Andy,
I am so sorry to hear about your tortoise you must be really gutted,
I have only answered now as ive been poorly all day and have been asleep most of it,
I come on this website eveyday and with everything thats been said and all the accusations thats be going on, I have just kept out of it.
But would just like to say, This is a great website and it has helped me a great deal with my tortoises so you must be doing something right,
I wish you all the best of luck and hope your tortoise turns up very soon. :)

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com

#10 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

Joanne,

Thanks for your support, i have only a small garden with only a few places Harry could hide, he is now where to be found, so he is gone and not in hiding.

Also just for the record i am not saying that Ruth Petford had anything to do with the tortoise going missing, all i have said is that it is funny how she was telling everyone on the tortoise trust that she had my home address and lots of other people wanted to come around and sort me out. This is not accusing Ruth of stealing the tortoise, so the message below saying that i have is not a true account

You would appear to be travelling down a slippery slope Andy especially following your public accusation against Ruth Petford.
Take care
Sue

Thanks for the email Sue, but what about all of the accusations about John, again you had no evidence that he is dealing yet the thread had over 50 replies, all hanging John out to dry, now who is on the slippery slope?

#11 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:36 AM

If I remember rightly Andy, you completely DENIED that you had ever met Ruth and that she had never been to your house and she was lying. You've just proved that she wasnt.
Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

#12 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

So you will remember everyone you have met in your life?

This was over 3 years ago and she must have been here for 10 minutes, how the hell do you expect me to remember that.

Oh sorry i forgot you are a women and so perfect, sorry i am not perfect in every way and i have more to worry about than someone who came to my house 3 years ago.

Since Ruth & others came to my house i was almost killed by a 38 tonne lorry when hit on my push bike, have you every has post traumatic stress disorder? i would recommend it, if you like living on antidepressants, believe me it is not nice. I have since got over this and things have returned as they were, but things in the past are a blur, need i go on.

My 7 year old son has Diabetes and was diagnosed with Celiac disease 2 years ago, again my family are my main concern here, not some women that i can not even remember, that visited my house for 10 minutes to look at my tortoises.

I had plenty of people around looking do you think i can remember all of the other people that visited, no i do not think so do you.

If you have nothing better to post on this site, i suggest you do not visit, you are on your last warning and your account will be removed if this little vendetta of yours continues...

Have a nice day :*

#13 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:02 AM

Yet another threat Andy, thats all you do when people correctly remember what you have said..............you said that you had NEVER sold torts from your home, Ruth corrected you and said you had.......fair enough you might not remember a ladies visit 3 years previous, but surely you remember selling torts from your house.
Which 'vendetta' would that be Andy, the one where I ask people to tell the truth.
Its obvious you intend to ban yet another member who gives out sound advice, you are showing yourself to be very bitter and twisted over all this and it seems you are the only one entitled to an opinion on here and as soon as you are questioned you ban members.
Its the newbies who havent got a clue I feel sorry for.........after all that is the purpose of this site. You didnt just put up a post saying your tort was lost/stolen you actually assumed how it was stolen without a scrap of evidence.......how hypocritical of you.......after all you banned members for doing exactly with same over Johns 'dealings'.
Incidentally be forewarned...........should I receive any of the private abusive e-mails you have sent to others you have banned, I shall be contacting my service provider and taking the matter further......the 666 is in my screen name for a reason......be very careful how you conduct yourself

#14 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:16 AM

I have NOT sent any of my banned members abusive emails, where did you get this information from?

Did you see that i have sent e-mails from the email address?

Please forward me this so called email so that i may take a look.

Just because i ban someone from the forum does not mean that i take out personal vendettas against them and send out abusive emails, do you think that i am that stupid, i am not that sort of person at all.

I know as well as you that the emails can be traced to name/address, i have more to loss than you think, so would never send out emails to individuals.

You can paint your own picture

#15 Guest_nina_*

Guest_nina_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hi Andy,

All this saddens me so much. I felt sick to my stomach when I heard you had lost one of your tortoises - if someone really did steal him then they are no better than all these "dealers" they keep talking about. Harry is an innocent animal that has nothing to do with all this! I can't imagine anyone being so heartless as to steal someone else's tort. I sincerely hope that it isn't so.
I found this site in April and was so happy that I had finally found so many tort lovers - like myself. It's scary how everyone has suddenly turned against each other. Well, I don't know what else to say - I don't know anyone from the Tortoise Trust or this forum personally, but if someone did take Harry then I hope they read this and bring him back to his rightfull owners. It's not fair on him! He's a defenceless animal and shouldn't be brought into this nasty debate!

Andy, I truly hope Harry returns.

Nina

#16 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

Hello Andy
poor bloke,I am so sorry to ear that.I am 100% behind you and think you are 100% backing your self in the correct way and manner.I am very shocked to have eared that "HONEY" that made me re-registered had so may names.My name is Craig Jones and yes I didnt get off to a very good start on the forum and as Andy will sopt I have registerd twice but hope he can understand why.
I give you a pat on the shoulder for surrporting your family,if I was you I would ignore all the petty messges.Can I just ask a quick question,is Alice and baby Brecken still members,as you will know Andy they was my best "friends",ha ha.
Andy I give you my full surrports and best wishes.
Kind regards and best wishes,Craig

#17 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:05 AM

Craig,

I am sure that Alice and baby Brecken are still members on the site, but i have not seen them here for a while, Thanks for your message.

#18 Guest_nikki_*

Guest_nikki_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

This is awful Andy
But we all have problems in our life - this is not about them. I have nearly lost my child to cancer, my sons baby was born with a terminal illness last year, my son's business collapsed, I have severe health problems, my father died, my elderly friend fell and broke her leg, my job is rubbish and is on my mind constantly!! God I am getting carried away - this is not about me, me , me - what a lovely world we *could* live in we stopped thinking about ourselves and tried to help others instead!
If you keep deleting members like this you will soon have no-one to help with the group. It will consist of people who know very little all guessing amongst themselves at the expense of the animals. Yes it has been a good list but it has also been run by knowledgeable people who are no longer here and I for one have joined the other groups mentioned to gain more experience that has been taken away from My Hermanns. I do feel all of this could have been avoided if the questions first asked had been answered. Then those who did not agree would have gone on their way and the others would have been left to carry on as they thought fit. All of this would not have happened and your newer members would have been none the wiser. Is there a good reason that no-one has answered the question? It is all well and good saying that no-one has any proof that John is dealing but then again no-one has any proof that he isn't either, unless anyone has certificates to prove otherwise! This does all seem rather a waste of space.
Nikki

#19 Guest_newbietortie_*

Guest_newbietortie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:00 AM

Really sorry about Harry. I would really advise against taking out personal vendettas against Joanne and Sue, and anyone for that matter. Sue knows a hell of alot more about tortoises than anyone on this site, and hurling abuse at people instead of admiting you mistakes just makes you look childish. As for the problems at home, please keep them to yourself, as it just makes you look like you are looking for someone to pity you. Please dont take this the wrong way, as i have absoloutley no opinion on you. So when do we talk about tortoises?
S

#20 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

Andy you tell bare faced lies.........I have been forwarded many mails by ex-members where your language and abusive nature is appalling. As you seem to have forgotten all about this too, I shall be more than happy to post them on here and jog your memory.
Incidentally what does anti-depressants, lorries and diabetes have to do with tortoises.........the sympathy vote is sickening, fancy bringing your children into this.
Terrible things happen to people every day, not just yourself, however we need to stick to the issue in hand which is torts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users