- - - - -

Another update...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

How did yours do terry? Did they hatch????? If so how many.....

#42 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (lilacgeorge @ Jul 5 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did yours do terry? Did they hatch????? If so how many.....

hi Dawn first clutch so 3 from 4 all 2nd gen.they went out in the garden today .not much uvb sitting under a clump of grass though lol.first one out was 13 .65 grams the biggest 2nd gen i have had so far .this is her third year laying the first year they were around 10grams so maybe as she matures they will get bigger.one of last years from my older girls was 19grams.i have a clutch due soon from a larger female it looks like 6 fertile from 8.ill post a couple pic's of one of these next to one of last years in the gallery..
terry

#43 Guest_rand/plod_*

Guest_rand/plod_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

wow dawn i dont know how you cope and manage to help people on here as well ive been away for a little while so the first chance i got i wanted to see if and how things were going good luck hope you can get a web cam cus it would be great to watch even if only managed to watch 1 hatch i would feel so lucky keeping fingers crossed that everything goes well
kind regards
mandy

#44 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Awww, ta Mandy wub.gif

#45 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

Day 59 in the Shelley Household........

Egg 1

egg 2

egg 3

egg 4

egg 5

egg 6

egg 7

egg 8

#46 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

Definatly summit in Eggs 1,2,4,5,7,8 - not sure what though!!!!

#47 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

is it a bird...is it a plane... no it's... well not really sure yet! lol

Well I'm having kittens.. don't know about you. You seem remarkably calm for an expectant mum, every1 else is on pins.

chin tickles all round xxxx

#48 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Hermie + Pebble @ Jul 8 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it a bird...is it a plane... no it's... well not really sure yet! lol

Well I'm having kittens.. don't know about you. You seem remarkably calm for an expectant mum, every1 else is on pins.

chin tickles all round xxxx

Me??? Calm??? Of course.... ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Trust me, once I see (please god!!!) the first signs of the egg hatching I will be far from calm!!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

#49 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

hope you dont mind me jumping in being a newbie and all but just want to say ive been following this post and i wish you luck and the lil guys apear safe and well,

will you be posting piccies of them hatching? keeping any of them??

have you got them so there females or males?? (ive read different temps determine the sex of the tortoise?)

come on lil tortoises we all want to see you xx

#50 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

Hi Clair,

Nope jump on in!!! the more the merrier!!!! I need all the positive thoughts I can get!

They are incubated at 31-33 degrees so will hopefully be lil' girls. No, I'm not planning on keeping any but if any are ill or (god forbid) deformed then obviously I will keep them, also if there is only one then I may keep it.... we'll see..... rolleyes.gif

yes I am hoping to film at least one coming out the shell BUT they can take up to 24hrs apparently so we'll see!!!

Oh yeah and buy the way, according to Wolfgang's book they incubate for between 55 - 80 days!!! We're at day 61 from laying (or day 55 from incubation via incubator) so you might just wanna relax those fingers for a few minutes as they could be crossed for up to another 20 days!!!!!!! tongue.gif

#51 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

A 2-headed tortoise was born and survived; in Dorset, I think

#52 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

ooo a possible 20days to go but they may surprise you and pop out earlier,

24hrs to hatch? my gawd imagine if you watched each one individually you could be awake for days n days..lol..

how long do the babys stay with you for? you will have to try not to bond with them otherwise they will all stay with you..lol..

im hoping my boris and clifford will be boy and girl only reason is then it gives me a great reason to get another hermann or two..lol..(next time around though ill be doing it the right way and hunting out a local breeder blush.gif )

#53 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

If I have any babies, I would want them to stay long enough to make sure they are eating and putting on weight. It would depend on how experienced the new owner was to how soon I'd let them go.

Just had a peek and still no sign..... sad.gif

#54 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (lilacgeorge @ Jul 9 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I have any babies, I would want them to stay long enough to make sure they are eating and putting on weight. It would depend on how experienced the new owner was to how soon I'd let them go.

Just had a peek and still no sign..... sad.gif

hi Dawn no.6 looks full but dont give up on any of them yet,its so hard to tell from pictures.
terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users