- - - - -

Im back

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_clairekentuk_*

Guest_clairekentuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:17 PM

Well I was tortoiseownertobe1 but I got banned. Andy has kindly let me back on the forum - ill try to behave this time!
Im now the proud owner of 4 juvenile hermanns. Got them from a breeder (which goes without saying).

If honey is still around and also to others that helped me and offered advice on obtaining and housing hermanns here is my new enclosure....

My tortoises are very happy outside - only finished 2 days ago and havnt stopped watching them run about since.

Regards,
Claire

#2 Guest_Andy_*

Guest_Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

Welcome back!!

Nice setup, you have done well, i am sure the tortoises will be very happy with their new home..

#3 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Wow what a great setup.
I bet there more than happy in there.
Best wishes,Craig

#4 Guest_slowcoach_*

Guest_slowcoach_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

Hi Claire,
I'm back too! Was Karen L - until banned - but was invited to rejoin after fighting my corner via e-mail ...
Lovely set up - can see your little one likes the water!!!!!
Regards
Karen L ;-)

#5 Guest_clairekentuk_*

Guest_clairekentuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

Yeah they are having the time of their lives. Had them on tort table when I first got them and I thought they were happy but watching them now is just something else.
The tort table was just 4ft by 3ft the new enclosure is 8ft by 6ft so 4 times the space.

They keep going in the water. They got pebble pool in there but only the biggest 2 go in - think the stones r too big for the smaller 2.

But Im chuffed with how happy they are - just 1 problem. The rabbits house looks tiny next to it! So can see a rabbit mansion coming on next!

Thanks again for all your help.

Claire

#6 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

Looks really great well done im sure your tortoises love you for it and escape proof really nice set up.
How long did it take for them to settle?

#7 Guest_clairekentuk_*

Guest_clairekentuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:21 AM

Not long it seems. Think its more a case of back home where they belong. They didnt really settle in tort table even though i put it outside when i could. Think they are much happier now - they even stayed a long time in their bath which is something they didnt do indoors - Had to keep putting them back in before, today I took them out! They were in for over 10 minutes.
They are much more active - it really is a joy to see.

Happy torts and a happy me!

Claire

#8 Guest_marvellous_*

Guest_marvellous_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:47 PM

Well done Claire,enclosure looks really good.Is that a Hebbe you have in there on top right of pic?We put one of those in with ours,also a wallflower and Mallow with the sprinkling of Herbiseed mix.They now get right in the middle of the Hebe for shade when its hot.Well done.

Marvellous

#9 Guest_clairekentuk_*

Guest_clairekentuk_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

Yeah i got some herbiseed growing in the green areas as well as few sprinklings elsewhere in enclosure. The stuff ive planted i trays is going down faster than its growing!
Yes it is a hebe- Both plants are along with a few pansies.

Claire

#10 Guest_desertrat_*

Guest_desertrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

yeah i agree its a really good enclosure, perfecto infact, wish mine was a big as that!
regards
Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users