pet shop advice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dizzzy_*

Guest_dizzzy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

Hi
Can anyone advise me if I can do anything about this?
A friend of a friend bought a leopard from a petshop,, after a week he was concerned about it so took it to the vets. The vet told him that he had seen the same tort a few weeks before when the "previous owner" had took it.It has pneumonia, herpes and severe shellrot, and the vet advised him to take it straight back.
The first owner took it back got a refund and the petshop has sold it on again. The second owner has now took it back and got a refund.
Is there anyting to stop the shop selling it on again?
Can I do anything?
Sadly, I am not welcome in this shop due to me voicing my opinions on the conditions the torts are subjected to, but am hoping to find out in the next day or 2 if the poor little tort is for sale again.
:'( Any help?????
wendy

#2 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:04 PM

Im not sure on this one myself although would just like to add good for you voicing your opinion.
That is dam right ignorance on the pet shop owner to treat this animal in the way they have.
Just goes to show the low lengths the pet shop trade will go to sell for money.
How confused the poor thing must be coming and going to and fro in this way.
As for if he can re sell well he already has so I feel he will do again and the whole cycle will continue and not all customers come back.
I would be very interested to no how you go on this?
why anyone has the heart to treat animals in this way is beyond me and the more people whom voice their opinion the better they no we are right so why not just correct the ways in which they practise as good word of mouth is always better than that of poor practise.
The RSPCA need to start shaking up on the care of reptiles to so without them 100 % behind us the pet shop no this and use to their advantage.
Carry on voicing your opinion and whilst your at it post the pet shop some care sheets through the post.
Inundate them with such post like they are inundating the animal to suffering in the way they are treating such animal in question hope you get some results..............

#3 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

Hi,
Get the name of the vets who have seen this tort and ring the RSPCA, they arent normally interested but if they have proof an animal is sick they should act.
Hope this helps

#4 Guest_grahame_*

Guest_grahame_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hi Wendy

what is the name of the shop & where is it?

regards gray

#5 Guest_dizzzy_*

Guest_dizzzy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

Hi
The shop is:
Fishnet aquarium and pets
The alternative petshop
Shaw
Oldham
OL28RD

As soon as I am informed that the tort is for sale again I will phone the RSPCA (but from experience they are usually too busy to do anything) My guess is that in a few more days it will be back in the shop.:-(
wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users