lost half there body weight??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

ok digi scales finally arrived (cant believe i bought scales just for the tortoises..lol)

boris is 40g 6cm length

clifford is 41g 6cm in length

so goes to show the other scales were rather rubbish and have been worrying me silly for nothing 25g indeed hahahaha silly me..lol..

now if i have this right and understand the jacksons graph does this mean my babys are a ok weight??? and staying on target??

whats the right weight for hibernation?? i know its a few months off but want to write it in my weighing in book..lol..

do any of you feed apple? i tried them with some the other day they had a nibble do i give this as say a treat once a week?? or not at all???

#22 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

didnt want to open a new post about weight again..lol.. so thought i would add it on here..

ok what is a rough guide to weight being put on weekly??

betty has maintained her weight of 41g over the 3 weeks

boris on the other hand has gone up 2g a week, 40g-42g and last nights weigh in 44g

oh and betty finally found the watering hole yipee i caught her drinking yesterday...boris on the other hand just walks on by and waits for his bath to have a drink..lol.. they really are quirky little characters rolleyes.gif

#23 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

Mine are aug 08, and are slightly smaller than yours but smack on the scale that was posted so was quite happy with that.

I think as long as they are gaining then thats fine, but I am always stunned at the output they have for their size!! and that does make a difference to the weight, so if one seems to have gained alot maybe that one is due for the loo? Also if they are happy and up and about as well as feeding everything should be good. From the posts on here, problems seem to be quite obvious, in as much as not feeding or not acting as they normally do.

Now you have a good set of scales you can chart them properly and this should put your mind at rest, just remember the loo thing makes a diff and all should be good.

for such little things things they don't half stress us out!! lol

xx

#24 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

2g per month is a very rough guide to what the little chaps should gain,
this only applies to very young torts, apparently we should be looking at weight gains of between 5-10% of the torts individual weight per month, but again this is a rough guide... wacko.gif

Paula x

#25 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

2g per month?!?!! wacko.gif oh gawd boris is doing that in a week..lol..

will have to sit him down and tell him to lay off the clover a tad..lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users