good news

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_grahame_*

Guest_grahame_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hi Kopers

see joanne666 above, for some good advise.
i know how you feel i'm still looking for mine, it's been over a week now.

regards grahame

#22 Guest_kopers_*

Guest_kopers_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Thanks - hope yours turns up soon - let me know

#23 Guest_Calamity Jane_*

Guest_Calamity Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

Hiya's
Look for any signs of disturbed earth. They are very good at disappearing without leaving any obvious signs. They often like to be up against something when they sleep so check near your borders & Hedges.

Keep us informed!

Yours
Joanne
X
www.tortoises.piczo.com

#24 Guest_grahame_*

Guest_grahame_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

Hi Kopers

i was reunited with my tortoise yesterday following 8/9 days. He was 150yds from home.

so don't give up.

regards grahame:-)

#25 Guest_kopers_*

Guest_kopers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:05 AM

Graham, that gives me real hope - I am still convinced we will find him - my one little concern is we have foxes at the bottom of our garden - would they have any interest in him do you think?

#26 Guest_grahame_*

Guest_grahame_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

i'm no expert, but we are visited by a fox most nights & as yet had no problems regarding the tortoise & in the summer i leave him to decide wether to sleep in the greenhouse or out in his encloser. I would have thought that as they are active at differant times of the day, your tort would be ok. When mine decides to sleep out he is always well hidden, i would think it's there natural instinct.

good luck kopers fingers crossed.

regards grahame

#27 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:30 PM

Hi Kopers,
Sorry havent replied earlier, nice weather keeps me outside
Im sorry you've lost your tort, its such a worry isnt it. Look how many people have found theirs, dont give up hope, they are very self sufficient and the warm barmy weather we have had will keep them cosy on a night. Check on a morning when the sun hits your garden, he'll need to come up to bask. They often like to sleep up against hard objects so check gently under any large stones. Do a fingertip search at least 3 or 4 inches down and look out for any signs of disturbed earth, especially when the sun is shining.
Tell your neighbours, posters have proven to be effective. If you think he has escaped your garden, try and think which way a tort would go.........are there any dense weeded areas? They can travel a far distance to keep looking.
We've all got our fingers crossed, good luck

#28 Guest_kopers_*

Guest_kopers_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

Hi Jo

Just been on your website - it looks great - Mildred and George look fantastic and a smaller version of Frankie (who is still missing). How old are your tortoises?

Off for final search of the day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users