horsfields

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:18 AM

Hi Emma,

Yes, they can go off their food whilst settling in, dont worry about it, Russians can go for weeks without food and wont come to any harm :-)
You have to handle him, how else can you check him over and make sure he's okay! Breeders tell owners some silly things :-)

#22 Guest_emma72_*

Guest_emma72_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:57 AM

i bathed him this morning and he had a poo lol hopefully he might eat something now. :(
 so glad i can handle him ..was beginning to worry that i was making him more stressed by picking him up and putting him in his run outside
thank you for your advice

Emma :*

#23 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:15 AM

Hi Emma,
Your more than welcome :-) Its perfectly normal to poop in the bath, in fact Russians tend to do it the most, so at least hes doing the right things.
You and your tort need to get to know each other, he has to get used to being handled and he'll learn to love the tickle he gets on his head to go with it :-)

#24 Guest_emma72_*

Guest_emma72_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

just been reading about wot plants tortises eat ..fushias(flowers and leaves) hebe bushes (is this flowers aswell ) petunias ( flowers and leaves) just wanna be sure before i start to feed him these

#25 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

Hi Emma,

Torts like petunia (flowers and leaves), fushia (f & l), hebe they just tend to nibble on but its entirely safe. Mimulus is another favourite along with nasturtiums, honeysuckle flowers, campanula, lavatera (f & l), hibiscus and opuntia cactus as a hydrating treat (its better for them than cucumber ).

#26 Guest_emma72_*

Guest_emma72_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:06 PM

thank you
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users