testudo hermanni boettgeri

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:08 AM

hi im always posting hatchling or juvenile pictures,so for a change a few pic's of my original adults and also some homebred ones.
terry

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

They look lovely Terry, all just doing 'their thing', the little chap at the top could teach Oz's little one the art of looking cheerful! :D
The little shelled one second from bottom I think is especially cute, I love the 'sturdiness' of him/her! A right little bruiser, no offence little one! :D :wub:

Paula x

#3 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:48 AM

thanks for looking Paula.the female in the top picture was hatched by myself in 1997 so has just turned 12,thats her in the next pic with her mother Lassie.if by bruiser you mean Ossie he is her father.
terry

#4 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Lovely pictures. When they burrow themselves, the earth is completely flat on top of them. No little humps. Is it the same with the eggs?

#5 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

hi do you mean when they cover the nest,if so then yes they actually spend some time covering and you cant tell where the eggs are located from just looking at the surface.
terry

#6 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

terry can i ask how old and how many cm"s is the tortoise thats digging by the erm two pieces of wood against the wall???

im going to sound really stupid now :blush: but is that a hermanns??? i only ask because im now thinking my little ones will loose there darker shades of there shell as they get older and shell gets bigger???

also whats with the numbers is it tipex or paint..lol.. what is that for?

sorry 21 questions...lol..

im planning ahead for the back garden as yours looks a lot bigger than i thought mine would grow...LOL..i may need to overtake the whole of the back garden now instead..LOL..

#7 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

Terry, you are just to so lucky. What lovely looking torts, you have, I am very jealous of the space you have.

#8 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

hi that is Lassie and is 270mm long.i got her from an old lady 25years ago and she in turn had bought her 25 years previously from a pet shop as a small tortoise.
She is hermanni boettgeri there is a lot of variation in colour with these and i have had some dark hatchlings before as well as light coloured
hi i use tippex to mark them for identification,obviously after 25 years i can tell these adults apart,but unfortunately my wife cant so hence the markings.

im sure they will appreciate all the space.just ensure they cant escape they can be really good at this.
terry

#9 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

thank you for the answers terry :) 270mm oooooo thats not bad then the picture made her look rather a giant had me really worried for a minute there..lol..

was going to say does the wife not reconise any markings (minus the tipex) but i have a feeling you have way to many .lol.

i can just about tell the difference with my two..lol..

#10 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

WOW! They are stunning!!! It's official.... I'm jealous!! Can't wait to see them in the flesh in a few weeks time, might be an idea to do a head count before I arrive :P

#11 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

hi Dawn i just did a head count this includes all the hatchlings ,may have sold a few by the time you get here but i have some graeca graeca eggs due soon so wont be much different might even be more lol.we have at this actual moment in time a total of **.wow im shocked its lucky i didnt incubate any leopard eggs this year.
terry

#12 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:31 PM

What a tease!! lol I was looking forward to the shell count.

You have some beautiful torts, they look so interesting with age. Mine are so small and perfect, but the older ones have such character and grace.

Lucky you xx

#13 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:50 AM

thanks i agree and you do become very attached to them they are real characters and very much individuals.sorry about the shell count i did post the number but then thought better of it.you never know who is looking,im more than happy to tell another forum member though just pm me .oh i want to know how many you have lol.
terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users