Remaining eggs :(

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

Well, today I made the decision to remove the eggs from the incubator :( Before disposing of them I deceided to crack them open - just for piece of mind and all the remaining eggs had yolk sacs in them but no signs of an embryo.

I had one (egg 5) explode on me the other day and boy did it stink!! I have never smelt anything so rank in all my life (AND I used to be a vet nurse!!!!!!!) I had to go to bed that night with my back door open it was THAT bad - also where it exploded bits of rotten egg had splashed my t-shirt and I had to chuck it in the bin!!!!! It was foul and I really didn't want to risk these exploding as well.

So, bye, bye eggs, sorry I couldn't help you to develop into little shelled ones :(

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

Hi Dawn,
sad to hear your bad news,your brave leaving your back door open for the night i wouldn't have been able to sleep.

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

LOL! We're quite lucky here that it's quite secure. Beside's the old man was due home from work in the early hours so I had txt him to warn him about the smell and asked him to shut the door when he got in :rolleyes:

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

Aww Dawn,

such a shame the eggs didn't develop, but you did have one little miracle!! RUBY!! :wub:
And once Frank pulls his 'finger' out..... you will be off again! ;)

Paula x

#5 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Maybe I might have more luck if that was all he had to 'pull out'..... blimey, how do you explain to a young man that (ahem) he need's to use whats 'inside' his tail... not just the tail itself :rolleyes:

#6 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:40 PM

well you cant say you never tried dawn and its the experence under ya belt now aswell,

good luck with your own tortoises i hope they get jiggy with it soon and give you some eggs..lol..

#7 Guest_kaybee_*

Guest_kaybee_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

Its sad that no more hatched, :( but it does make Ruby all the more special, :wub: she was already a little miracle given the fact the eggs were kept in an airing cupboard before you got them!

I am positive you will have a better outcome when your own produce as you will take care of the eggs properly from the beginning.

I must admit though...ive never heard it referred to as a finger before Paula!!!! :blink: C'mon Frank!!! Get on with the job, stop 'fannyin around' :laugh:

#8 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If only!!! Instead he's cocking it up!!!!! :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: Stop already!!!! Your get me barred!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#9 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

Those messages really made me laugh. Its like those couples that cannot conceive, I've got it on very reliable report that a VERY BLUNT conversation has to take place before there is much by way of investigations by the doctors. They've found out over the years that lots of their patients have just got the wrong end of the stick so to speak. And they've been up to things that wouldn't result in baby in a million years.

But seriously it's fantastic that Dawn had those eggs and that a perfect little thing is now out there as a result.

#10 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

It's a shame none of the others hatched, but I enjoyed the baby lush/ruby saga and the above posts gaused a good laugh :laugh:

#11 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hi

If there was nothing in the other eggs at least you know it wasn't anything u did/didn't do... they just weren't viable when you had them.

Which bodes well for next time, when all the above are in/out as they should be. You can lead a horse to water.. but if he's a bloke ur buggered!

I'll leave it at that ;)

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users