- - - - -

Maximus Crunchiness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_darkangelwitch_*

Guest_darkangelwitch_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

Its been a while since I last had a tortoise (don't ask how long coz I won't tell you) but my new spurthigh appears to have very long nails - how do I know how short do I clip them? He is very healthy otherwise, eating well, drinking and exploring his new house.

By the way his name was chosen by my housemate - she has a weird sense of humour wacko.gif

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Hi & welcome to the forum biggrin.gif

The toenails can be clipped but it's not advisable to do it unless you know what you are doing. The easiest option is to have some slate in the indoor accomadation and concrete in the outdoor, this way the nails will naturaly wear down.

Were abouts in Surrey are you?

#3 Guest_darkangelwitch_*

Guest_darkangelwitch_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (lilacgeorge @ Aug 9 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi & welcome to the forum biggrin.gif

The toenails can be clipped but it's not advisable to do it unless you know what you are doing. The easiest option is to have some slate in the indoor accomadation and concrete in the outdoor, this way the nails will naturaly wear down.

Were abouts in Surrey are you?

Thanks for that much appreciated. We are near Gatwick airport. Bye the way I have changed its name, found out it is female not male as the previous owners thought so she is now called Roxy.

#4 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

Oh right, not far from me then! Im in Sutton.

Roxy sounds so much nicer!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users