Georges new table.. help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hello, Im wanting to move George from his (very inapropriate) vivarium to a tort table.

I have two questions.. :rolleyes:

Is it possible to have a lidded table? I have cats that seem ok with him when Im there but would be worried about leavving him unattended in an open-top cage. However Im aware that its going to be difficult (if not impossible) to have a heat / uv lamp with a lid, as the wire would get very hot. So theres my predicament... Anyone had the same problems? :wacko:

Also when I purchase the lighting / heating, ideally I would like the lamp that does both. Is this the combi bulb? Not the compact bulb...? I understand I need a ceramic holder for this... is this true? Where can I get one? Also where do I buy the bulb from? :blink:

Sorry for all the questions, just need to make sure I get all the right things for his new set up!
:wub:

ps i know theres loads of info on bulbs on the forum but its difficult finding the right info on all the different replies!

#2 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (avons82 @ Aug 20 2009, 05:13 PM)
Hello, Im wanting to move George from his (very inapropriate) vivarium to a tort table.

YAY! WELL DONE YOU!!!! YOU GET MOVED NEAR THE TOP OF MY LEADER BOARD FOR THAT!

I have two questions.. :rolleyes:

ONLY TWO????? :wacko:

Is it possible to have a lidded table? I have cats that seem ok with him when Im there but would be worried about leavving him unattended in an open-top cage. However Im aware that its going to be difficult (if not impossible) to have a heat / uv lamp with a lid, as the wire would get very hot. So theres my predicament... Anyone had the same problems? :wacko:

YES, I HAD A LID ON ONE OF MINE, MADE OUT OF WOOD AND CHICKEN WIRE - YOU CAN JUST USE CHICKEN WIRE - IT'LL BE FINE WITH THE HEAT - NO DIFFERENT TO USING A RABBIT/GUINEA PIG CAGE

Also when I purchase the lighting / heating, ideally I would like the lamp that does both. Is this the combi bulb? Not the compact bulb...? I understand I need a ceramic holder for this... is this true? Where can I get one? Also where do I buy the bulb from? :blink:

IT IS A COMBI BULB, I USE THESE AND NOTICED SUCH A DIFFERENCE! YES THEY ARE EXPENSIVE BUT THEY LAST LONGER THAN NORMAL UV BULBS (THEY LAST APPROX 2YRS - NORMAL BULBS LAST 6MTHS) YES YOU NEED A CERAMIC HOLDER FOR THESE - I GOT ONE FOR £19.99 FROM RYNESS THE ELECTRICAL STORE - THIS WAY YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT CLAMPS OR OTHER HOLDERS TO FIX THE LAMP, THE OTHER OPTION (WHICH i ALSO USE!) IS A LAMP SHADE & HOLDER, i'LL FIND A LINK AND POST THE LINKS SEPERATLY BELOW FOR YOU...)

Sorry for all the questions, just need to make sure I get all the right things for his new set up!
:wub:

ps i know theres loads of info on bulbs on the forum but its difficult finding the right info on all the different replies!

PS sorry my replies in capitals, I promise I'm not shouting at you - it's just so you can see my reply! :wub:

#3 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

OK, here are some idea's for light setups;

http://kimbosreptile...ps-c-24_26.html

the 120 watt will be sufficient..

http://www.kimbosrep...0d451447b5cdf2f

any of these holders (I have both the dome style and clamp lamp) also on the same page if you go for this option you can get one of the lamp stands (again I got both sizes!!!)

You don't have to get them from here there are plenty of other good suppliers around, you may even be able to get them cheaper. I have used this place though and they are good.

#4 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:02 AM

HI! thanks sooo much for that!

Ive just bought a clamp lamp and mega ray bulb on your recommendation! :rolleyes: All quite costly, but i think my money will be well spent on the little fella!

Ive also just got a second hand tort table from ebay, for only £10 - im sure its gonna be better for him than he viv, until I move house and can get him a bigger, better one! :rolleyes:

thank you again - I dont know where id be without t his site! :wub:

#5 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

Thank you for listening and acting on the advice - your tortie will be all the better for it :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users