Breeding torts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

Hello there
If I wanted to breed my two torts,do you have to be registered.They are both hermanns.
Thanks

#2 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:57 AM

Hi James
No you dont have to be registered...........are your torts old enough to breed?

#3 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hello there
Thanks for your reply,my torts are 2 years old but I am not sure how old they have to be.Please can somebody give me hints,kind of setup etc.
Since Honey left,you are the mane person on this site and we all appriciate your help.
Regards:7

#4 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

Hi James,

Well you have at least another 8 years wait Im afraid , they wont be ready until their about 10, so plenty time to worrry about your set up :-)
Thank you for the compliment James, there are a lot of members who are more experienced than myself, but they dont seem to post much these days. I hope they are still around reading all the posts as I would hope they would point out any mistakes I make :-)
Best wishes

#5 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

Hello Jo
Your doing fine, keep up the good work
Arnie

#6 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:38 PM

Hello
Thanks again,yes I do have a long waite,but im sure its going to be worth it.
Regars

#7 Guest_slowcoach_*

Guest_slowcoach_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2005 - 08:52 AM

Hi James,
Like you i am looking forward to breeding my Tort's - mine are only 3yr old at present - both males - and I am just about to get 3 more babies (hoping they will be female as incubated at temps to be female's) they are only 2 weeks old !! I know I will have a long wait but it will be worth it - and in the years I am waiting I will be studying and learning a lot about them - I have just enrolled in a TT course ...

I did think about trying to get older torts but have decided that having them from babies will bring more satisfaction in the long run!

Karen L :7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users