its out of the egg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

hi the little Algerian has left the egg lol.just a couple of pictures in these you can see the tiny little white spur on its thigh also notice how the plastral pattern hasnt developed yet and is just a smudge.i will try and remember to post this ones plastron at about 6 month's old to show how the pattern becomes more defined.on this one you can see the benefit of letting them stay in the egg until they are ready ,the yolksac has gone completely and all you can see is a dry scar.this one was trying to bite me and get away all the time i was holding it.
terry

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:14 PM

Awww Terry, that is the sweetest little tort! :wub:

Wasn't it the Algerian ones you spoke of when you said some only weigh 6-8g? What did this little one weigh?

I'm glad I haven't hatchlings... I would struggle to let any go!!

Paula x

#3 Guest_terrypin_*

Guest_terrypin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Hettie @ Aug 25 2009, 07:14 PM)
Awww Terry, that is the sweetest little tort! :wub:

Wasn't it the Algerian ones you spoke of when you said some only weigh 6-8g? What did this little one weigh?

I'm glad I haven't hatchlings... I would struggle to let any go!!

Paula x

hi Paula yes these can be very small i havent weighed them yet(2 hatched so far )i will make the effort tomorrow lol.just real busy at work which is why some of my posts are so early in the morning i have been starting at 5am.typical they never hatch when im on holiday .
terry

#4 Guest_lilacgeorge_*

Guest_lilacgeorge_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

OMG!!!! Don't know about you checking my pockets when I leave....I think I'm gonna have to check them myself!!!!!

What can I say....WOW!!!!!!!! What a cute little shelled one that is - fiesty too (must be a female!) :wub:

#5 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

omg how small is he/she looks like a tiny cute mushroom.. lovely...

#6 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:46 PM

That has to be one of the prettiest babies ever- and that attitude!! Girl power or what, no way is that a boy.

I could almost switch from Hermanns! :blush: :wub:

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users