make a sick turtle well

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:10 PM

he was mainly fed on frozen veg and it was left in for days sad.gif
he has never had a UVB and he only had an asda bulb not a proper heat light sad.gif
hes never been out his terrarium and because of all this he is very fragile and will take over a year to get comfortably better but hes going to live longer than me and i have already decided hes not deformed hes special, and loved and can still run faster than the cat too so here s to herman and loads of happy years to come
his new table is nearly finnished too im all excited woo hoo smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

#22 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:13 PM

oh and yes he got his beak trimmed right back, his nails clipped but they will have to be done gradually they were so bad and he got wormed too
thankfully he is still talking too me smile.gif

#23 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:48 PM

I bet he'll look the bee's knees! wub.gif

And he'll just love you to bits for his new healthy lifestyle. biggrin.gif

Paula x

#24 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

i hope so he dingyed me for a few hours after lol
he does look laods better and can eat without the 'kebeb' look too now lol
i am really worried he is getting alot sleepier and he seriously CANNOT hibernate how do i stop him he has his lights on about 14 hours just now and plenty of greens and variety and nutrient suppliments im scared hell go to sleep sad.gif hes not well enough i will be sooo upset if anything happens to him)

#25 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

You both sound delightful, so the best of luck. I'm sure he''ll do well now. Make sure he has his calcium.

#26 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

yes he has a cuttle fish and he has his nutrabal too thanks x

#27 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Dingyed? Is that a saying from Fife? I once had a neighbour from Scotland who asked me where to buy a whirrlygig, took me weeks to ask her what one was and then she pointed to her rotary washing line! biggrin.gif I love accents! biggrin.gif

If he has the right heat levels and UV lights he won't go to sleep. Hettie had to be overwintered last year as she was poorly, she was very sleepy, not moving about much, I used to get her up in the morning, pop her under her lamp for a warm, then bath her, then she would eat have a little bask and go back to bed. Just because the artifical conditions prevent them from sleeping they seem to know what SHOULD be happening.
He will be feeling a bit sorry for himself though having just been wormed and being spruced up! Just wait until his tables ready that will be great for him....although you may find he goes quiet while he adjusts to his new improved surroundings. smile.gif

Paula x

#28 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

With his shell being soft are you still able to bath him?

Paula x

#29 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

pmsl yeh its something i have picked up the past couple of years living in dunfermline means deliberately and making sure you know about it ! ignoring you ha ha ha
i am originally from fortwilliam but some of the saying here are hilarious took me months to figure out what an oxter and bafy was (thats an armpit and slippers to us lot lol)
i have noticed that he has been sleeping as much as he possibly can since yesterday and even under the heat lamp i have seen him spark out he just opens one eye and looks at me when i go past or make a noise
im such a worrier prob not the best pet for a virgo eh lol!!!!

#30 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

yes he loves his baths he is seriously dehydrated so really needs them i am having to just keep his diet and suppliments sorted for his shell will take a long time

#31 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:35 PM

its official herman absolutely LOVES pansies i just gave him his first ones and hes gone mental i think i will refrane from planting them in his table it will look like a masacre ha ha ha

#32 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

LOL at your slippers and armpit words.... don't know which is which tho!!
Will look out for you on the weather forecasts... still haven't found Bruce... I reckon he must be so far north he's off the map!

Great news about the pansies... Bless him! Funny how much the little chaps get under our skin isn't it?! wub.gif

Paula x

#33 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

lol ive planted 6 pansie plants into my table i get about 2 weeks outta them before there squished and nibbled flat..lol.. my youngest son grassed me up to the shop owner saying i was buying them for the torts to eat. the lady looked at me and smiled but that type of smile that says oookkkk strange person..lmao

your tort is probably loving all these new fresh tastes smile.gif

#34 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

That's nothing to the looks of horror you get from people when you tell them you hibernate your tortoise in a fridge

#35 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

my mans already winging herman has taken over in just 4 days lol i even arrived home from shopping wearing a great tortoise brooch i saw and just had to have i am totally hooked i think ive got a problem smile.gif

#36 Guest_xsammie89x_*

Guest_xsammie89x_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

LOL im hooked too, i have 2 hermans, boris who i got 4 weeks ago, and morris who i got a week ago
Theyre both my little baby boys

even mums addicted too, all cards have tortoises on and she often comes home with tortoise statues and ornaments lolol

i found some toy tortoises from early learning centre and bought them to put in their enclosure haha

#37 Guest_korenza_*

Guest_korenza_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

buying toys out the e l c for your torts now i dont think i will go that far lol well not yet anyway ha ha ha i have built him a new table im really chuffed with it need to get some picks on but i cant find the cable for my phone sad.gif will sort soon x )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users