Boris biting new tortoise.. is this normal?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_xsammie89x_*

Guest_xsammie89x_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Ive had boris my 08 hermann for about 3 weeks now... and i decided to get morris, another 08 hermann from the same batch just 2 days ago

Ive noticed boris being very territorial and wherever morris is.... boris isnt happy and wants to be there too... or he marches around the enclosure as if doing laps!

Ive also noticed every now and again, boris will go up to morris and either bite.. or attempt to bite his leg.

Theres no marks and morris doesnt move when boris is doing this and also doesnt seem to be distressed

He is still quiet as he is new but boris took a good few days before he became more active and was used to the environment

Is it normal for boris to 'nibble' to show whos boss or should i be concerned?

any advice would be brilliant thanks :)

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

my henrik is allways biting my female he used to do it 2 my other male but seems to have stopped now.maybe they will settle down.i have an upstairs in my table so if henrik is bullying i put him up their and block of the bridge so he cant get down!!leave him their for a bit then hes oc

#3 Guest_xsammie89x_*

Guest_xsammie89x_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

lolol like the naughty step?

i dont have anywhere that i could put him to block it off... unless i put him in the bed section and put something in the way? i dont know

ill see how it goes, maybe after a couple of days he will stand up for himself lol

#4 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

i was like what?!?!?!? i never wrote that post ..lol.. keep forgeting there is another boris on the forums..lol..

anyway.. yes when boop joined boris and betty my boris also had a lil nibble of boops legs and shell betty all she done was follow boop everywere but it only lasted a couple of days now all three bask and sleep and eat together just fine so maybe it is a kinda of *oi you we were here first ill size ya up then we can be pals*..lol..

#5 Guest_xsammie89x_*

Guest_xsammie89x_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

haha yeah i think youre right :)

boris is the smaller of the two, yet seems to be more confident like a little yorkshire terrior yapping at an alsation haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users