- - - - -

FUN TOPIC: Your tortoises names??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_x Carly x_*

Guest_x Carly x_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

I am wondering what everyones tortoises sex are and their names? I have currently found some people to have named their tort as a boy, and has been realised it is a girl.

Do you name your torts as unisex names? Or just guess?

Also i believe i am getting two females, any good Original female names?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

......let the names commence...... :wub:

#2 Guest_xsammie89x_*

Guest_xsammie89x_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

I have two hermanns, that im hoping are boys... and are called Boris and Morris :D

#3 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:38 PM

my 2 or Herman (or Hermie) and Pebble. No idea on sex yet but we always call Hermie Him and Pebble Her! they just seem that way, Hermie has blokeish tendancies and Pebble is more ladylike. :)

Herman was named before we had them, but we also have names for the next 2!! that is a year or 2 off yet though.

xx

#4 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:31 AM

Victor and Bentley both look like they are going to be girls

#5 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:56 AM

Betty Boris and Boop..lol..

betty because i wanted a old fashioned name Boris my husband chose..lol. and Boop well it went with betty betty-boop...pmsl..

im persuming i have 2 girls and i know boris is a boy..lol..

#6 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

Ok!!! Here you go.

Plod, Monty, Flora, Daisy and the Dewi(mr Grumpy), Joe. :wub: :wub:

#7 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Have we heard about Joe before? When did he arrive?

#8 Guest_michele_*

Guest_michele_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Not original but not sure of sex so went with "PEBBLES" have heard of one called "WEEDS" think that's a great name

#9 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

The names of my 2 girls keep changing :wacko:

One I now call Dotty (she is yellow with what looks like felt pen dots all over her shell). The other one is called Marley (much more laid back lol!)

They have also over the last 4 weeks since I had them been Fifi, Apple and Daisy! One day a name will stick which suits them. style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Pat

#10 Guest_layla_*

Guest_layla_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

I have just the one little one, (at the moment) I have called her Ethel, don't know if she's male or female, just fancied something different.

Ethel was chosen as it is a very old fashioned name and names have a habit of coming back into fashion, as she will far outlive me, i was working on the theory one day it will be trendy again.

Jacqui

P.S. I really don't know what i'm going to do if she does ever turns out to be a boy.........

#11 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

Hi Lin, Joe arrived in the summer with Tilly!!! I wont be keeping him, he will be looking for a new home after hibernation. ;)

#12 Guest_x Carly x_*

Guest_x Carly x_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for all your input!!

When i first wanted tortoises i had the idea of a male and female, and was gutted when i found out you cant have 1 male and 1 female :blink:
and that you have to have about 2 females to every 1 male! ( I cant afford or have the space for 3 torts!!) So i decided on 2 males, but heard they can be territorial and fight, also most breeders seem to breed for females. So i am now getting 2 females (think i didnt want 2 females as i have 1 sister and she is the pain in my life haha - love her really!!, so fancied 2 males)

However i have now chosen my two females and i am excited about getting them! Just can't decide on names

PAT!!! i cant believe you have changed to Dotty!! My mum just suggested me calling one of mine Dotty, as when i was little i had an imaginary friend called Dotty, and the one i am getting has 2 distinctive dots near her head lol!!!!

Anyway, any more names would be greatly appreciated. I will post a pics of my soon-to-be torts in a minute for you all to see!

I am guessing that as soon as they come home in NOV, i will making regular posts on here for noobie help lol!

Thanks

Carly

:wub: :wub: :wub:

#13 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Hi Carly - sorry - but I am sure you will change you mind a hundred times when you have them - at one point we went through all of the characters from Fifi and the Flowertots! I bet you are soooo excited. I know I was and I still find them fascinating to watch. Even my other half (what do we want a tortoise for) :rolleyes: coos over them now and they are developing lovely characters.

Cant wait to see them. :wub:

Pat

#14 Guest_gail69_*

Guest_gail69_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi Carly

I have two 07 Hermans. And after days of thinking of names, I brought them home and put them in their enclosure. One of them immediately started wandering around and exploring, so we named her Dora the explorer. The other one had a little look and went and hid. She appeared much more shy. We were going to call her Shylo. But then she started to wander, but not half as much as Dora. So we called her Phoebe, as i think that is a more gentle name. Dora is now quite large and still very inquisitve and nosey, Phoebe is still small and gentle. So I think their names suit them..

Not a clue what I shall call them if they both or either turns out to be a male!!!!

Gail
xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users