Nail Care

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zonkoes_*

Guest_zonkoes_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

Hi, does anyone know if its neccessary to clip my tortoises claws, as theyre getting quite long! she is a horsefields tortoise!

#2 Guest_zonkoes_*

Guest_zonkoes_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

shes seems to be able to support herself on her claws, but im not sure whether to cut them or not!

#3 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

You can, but it would be best to get a vet or someone with experience to do it, you can cut too far down and make them bleed :-(
Make sure you have plenty rocks for them to walk and climb over so they wear them down naturally, feed them on slate and you shouldnt have any problems in the future.
Hope this helps

#4 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

Hello
You can cut them yourselves and its not an hard job.Put your tortoise on s/he back and you will see on the top of the nail there is a clear bit (tissue) and towards the bottom a dark bit.Put the clear bit through the nail cutters (strongly reccomend the gulitine action clippers) and clip,but do not take off to much.
If you feel you do not feel confident take s/he to the vets,hope this helps.
Craig
Please visit my site
www.herefordshireminilops.net

#5 Guest_zonkoes_*

Guest_zonkoes_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:26 PM

thanks for the help both of you, but i think joanne is right, i should see a vet so they can show be up close how i can do it in futre, and ill trytokeep her around the patio more:), itll be hard, she presearching the flowerbeds:7

#6 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:03 PM

You can try putting a circle of stones around the plants in your flowerbeds :-)

#7 Guest_james14_*

Guest_james14_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:56 PM

Hello
Dont blame you,good luck!!!
Regards,Craig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users