Stressed little tort!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hettie is not taking to her hibernation box very well at all. :(

I bathed her this morning and put her in. I could hear her clambering about. When I came home from work she is wide awake she is stood rigid with her head fully out. The room she is in is only about 11C, she is in a soil/sand mix. A deep plastic biscuit box with airholes.
She has always hated changes.
I was going to bath her again in the morning before the fridge on Saturday, but I think I will leave her now and hopefully give her a bit longer to settle.
Roll on Spring!!

Paula x

#2 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

Mine took a couple of days to settle!!! They were desperatly trying to get out their boxes so I had to put things on their lids to stop them!!! They've settled now but still occassionally peep when I look in on them! :rolleyes:

#3 Guest_wizzasmum_*

Guest_wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

You need to lower the temps a bit Paula. She will soon settle.

#4 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

Paula, my little one Monty (your tortoise niece) is not settling, wont stay in her box I put lid on it today but can still hear her scratching about. :laugh:

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

H took a few days to settle,i kept hearing noises and when i checked he was under all the shredded paper,last weight check i placed him in the middle of the box and put some shredded paper over the top of him.
Jay and H

#6 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

hiya paula how is she today??

im trying to get temps in teh porch and bay window at the moment as were they are now its not going lower than 16c so no good for fridge at all...

im down to 10c in the porch at this minute so its looking good to move them in there then i may leave them in there today and tomorrow and fridge them monday instead or if they settle put them in fridge sunday night ill see how they go...

i hope she settles soon for you and sleeps peacefully in her fridge xxxxxxxxx

better get shredding some paper for my torts boxs..lmao..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users