will he survive

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mummy mumps_*

Guest_mummy mumps_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 10:39 AM

I am beside myself our 3 year old herman Mumps has vanished from our back garden. We have a large garden and I have spent every day looking for him, I have mailed posters to houses joining still no sign.
It has been warm so far and I have remained hopeful but it is cold today and I don't know what to do, will he be able to survive, this is awful I feel so helpless. can anyone give me any tips. :'(

#2 Guest_Starchild186868_*

Guest_Starchild186868_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:09 AM

This happened to me only last week and to this day I don't know HOW he got out . I was absolutely beside mysef and just kept crying and crying so I know exactly how you feel . Anyway what I did was I quickly printed out flyers and distributed them in the neighbourhood ( discreetly only giving my mobile number ) , I put cards in the Post office window and I informed the police ( big help - NOT !!! ) , all the local vets , the local school ( kids talk ) and my local hairdresser and nail parlour as we all know salons are a hive of gossip !! I imagined all sorts - as you do - but thankfully about 30 hours after he'd disappeared a local lady rang me to say she'd found him in her garden !! I was over the moon and obviously showered her with choccies , flowers etc .I'm telling you that so you realise you CAN have faith in human nature after all. When I rang the vets two torts alone had been handed in that weekend . Hopefully you'll have a similar happy ending .

Yes it is much 'colder' today but in terms of weather your tort will be fine and hopefully less active so won't roam quite so far . Please try not to do as I did and imagine all the hazards or you'll make yourself ill . He might have 'dug in' so go round carefully with a spade . All the best and I hope he's back soon .

#3 Guest_Joanne666_*

Guest_Joanne666_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:40 AM

Please DONT use a spade! Use your fingers !! It takes longer but less chance you will hurt your tort.
Im glad you found yours, they are great escape artists, even the little ones.
Check around flower beds, pots, rocks, they often like to be near something when they sleep. Look for recently disturbed soil and check again as soon as the sun is shinning, he'll need to come up to bask.
I hope you get him back, fingers crossed

#4 Guest_grahame_*

Guest_grahame_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

I, like several others at this forum have lost & found our torts this summer, so don't give up.As for surviving, he's probably luv-in it!

mine was gone for 8 days.

good luck

regards grahame

#5 Guest_mummy mumps_*

Guest_mummy mumps_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:36 PM

Thank you so much for your replys I will keep looking and good idea about the vets and police didn't think of that,

#6 Guest_johnny_*

Guest_johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:26 PM

Try not to worry about him, my little 2 year old herman dissapeared for 6 weeks earlier this year, we had a couple of late frost after loosing him but when we found him he was in really good health and looked none the worse for wear, just keep looking and good luck..

Johnny

#7 Guest_mummy mumps_*

Guest_mummy mumps_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

thanks for your message I still haven't found him but have told the police and the vets, not giving up still checking everday!!! i will let you know any more news:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users