- - - - -

What speices do you keep?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Just wondering what other speices of tortoises or turtles are kept by the members on here?
I keep Ibera and have done for over 30yrs, I also used to breed graecas, but as I am getting older, I decided to down size. And the graecas have nearly all gone, I have just a few juveniles left, hard to let go when you have bred them yourself. I also keep box turtles.

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Jan 3 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering what other speices of tortoises or turtles are kept by the members on here?
I keep Ibera and have done for over 30yrs, I also used to breed graecas, but as I am getting older, I decided to down size. And the graecas have nearly all gone, I have just a few juveniles left, hard to let go when you have bred them yourself. I also keep box turtles.

only hermanns although i have two ibera in the fridge,as my friend couldnt face hibernating them

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hi Sandy,

Just Hermann torts at our house. biggrin.gif
We dont have enough space to house different species seperately so shall stick to the one type and hopefully be able to S-Q-U-E-E-Z-E in an extra couple of little chaps when we can confirm the sexes of the ones we have now!

Paula x

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

I have just one horsefield at the moment but i'm now looking for another horsefield.
Jay and H

#5 Guest_wizzasmum_*

Guest_wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (jay @ Jan 3 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have just one horsefield at the moment but i'm now looking for another horsefield.
Jay and H

I breed hermanni boettgeri and horsfields. Used to have leopards but due to not being able to upgrade on land, had to let them go to a fantastic home with acres of ground. It was the saddest thing I have ever done and I could have easily kept them here, but had to take the opportunity of such a fantastic offer for them.

#6 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

I have some Testudo Hermanni Hermanni tortoises and I don't keep any others. Some keepers get keen and branch out into other species, I got keen and obtained more of the same! I do admire other tortoises such as the Stars and Diamondback Terrapins but I'm doing my best to try and get things right for the smaller hermann.

If I get any more tortoises in the future, it just might be another one or two of these!

#7 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:09 AM

Do you have any pictures of your HH please?
That we could see, they are very pretty tortoises.

#8 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

I currently have 6 Boetgerri's.....hmmm....room for more maybe????? rolleyes.gif

#9 Guest_Ole Nielsen_*

Guest_Ole Nielsen_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

TG Iberas , THBs and THHercs ..... and I def. got too many !! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users