URGENT PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_1970JellyBean_*

Guest_1970JellyBean_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

I am really concerned about my tortoise, she has been fine up until today but today she has been lethargic and seems cold, I took some advice and have put her in a box with a towel in but she still feels cold and doesn't appear to be moving much, I have an appt at the vets with her tomorrow morning but can anyone suggest anything i can do in the mean time or what could possibly be wrong with her.....HELP HELP

#2 Guest_arnhib_*

Guest_arnhib_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:29 PM

Hello Donna
Has the tortoise got any kind of heat supply, the change in the weather can affect them, my girls haven't eaten for 2 days and beleive me thats something for them to go without food. Just a cheap reading lamp from Asda will do, with a 40 or 60 watt bulb in for the time being. The tortoise will still need somewhere to go from the heat and no heat at night, I'm assuming you have brought her indoors??Just try it tomorrow and see what happens,
Hope the vet visit goes OK
Arnie

#3 Guest_Libbys_*

Guest_Libbys_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:00 PM

Try giving a nice warm bath and then dry, place under the lamp once dry after said bath.
they need to be able to heat up hope this helps and good luck with the vet

#4 Guest_1970JellyBean_*

Guest_1970JellyBean_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:54 PM

Thank you to all that answered me, I took my tortoise to the vets today and he thinks she hasn't been being feed to well in the past (I have only had her 10 days) and was lacking in vitamins. she has had 2 injections 1 for her lack of vitamins and 1 a general anti biotic to be safe, the vet just backed up all the advice I have taken from this site in the past ten days, so it proves how good this site is.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users