missing them

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

well only just over or under.lol 4 weeks to go and i can get my three out of there beds although Boris is still keeping me on my toes i really think he will be awake before the other two...

cant believe how much ya miss the lil guys its like im getting them all over again..but all three together..lmao..

how is everyone elses sleeping beautys??? all ok i hope

#2 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

At least when they're in the fridge you can see them and say hello. :) If they were in a box you wouldn't see them at all. Victor still moves slightly, but Bentley has stayed put

#3 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:09 PM

Some of mine are under ground!
So wont see them until the soild warms up.

#4 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Sandy! I would worry even more.xx

#5 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:23 PM

Well I have been hibernating tortoises for over 30yrs now, and to be honest, I think digging down naturally is the best. I have been letting them do this for the last eight years or so, and come up really well in their own time.
I do box the odd ones who choose not to go down. But I dont have to worry about where to put them all:0)

#6 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

well i think my goal in the very far off future will be to let them dig down on there own outside ;) , but being new to all this i would rather have the security of the fridge pmsl.. regulate temps and of course see them to check them,

weighed all three last night and all have lost 1g so for there first hibernation im really really happy with the way things have gone have this site to thank for that with all the advice and replies to other posts that i have took notes on..lol.. i can actually say im looking forward to this years hibernation..lol..and when they all wake up i will be screaming to all them ppl that were telling me the opposite *see they survived there was nothing wrong in hibernating them*..lol..

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

Yep, missing my little chaps too! :rolleyes:

I weighed everyone yesterday, each of them has lost 2g since going in the fridge. 4 weeks down, 4 to go!

Paula x

#8 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hiya, well done Clair!!! PMSL @ looking forward to hibernation next year!!!!!!!

My lot still have a way to go yet :( Not getting them up till March, but so far so good, they are doing just fine :wub:

#9 Guest_tortoise09_*

Guest_tortoise09_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:42 AM

my lot still have a long time too do but missing them not too

#10 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

Well one of my boxed tortoises decided it was time to get up:0(
Her mother (now rehomed as I am down sizing) always got up at the end of January, so not taking any chances. She is four and a graeca. And she felt like an ice block, but her eyes were well and truely open.

#11 Guest_markf_*

Guest_markf_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

so with the boxed ones you just listen for movement? or do you take a peek?

The thing that amazes and interests me is allowing them to do it themselves! But do you think i have the ability to cope with that??? :laugh: !!

I think not! With this extreme winter i would think that would be a bit tricky for me!

#12 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

I do check if the temps get higher. But my husband was walking through the garage and could hear a tortoise moving. I generally check once a week, more if the temps get higher. Which they were not at this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users