- - - - -

Graeca graeca

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

Well one of my smaller female graecas decided it was time to get up out of hibernation yesterday. My husband was in the garage and said he could hear a tortoise moving. So I checked my boxes.
And there was Muggle up to the top of the box and eyes wide open. Her mother (I bred Muggle) used to always get up towards the end of January, no matter what the temps were like. So I got her up. Within an hour she was eating. I bathed her and fed her again. Today you wouldnt think she had ever been in hibernation:0)

#2 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Awww bless her!!!! Maybe she missed her mummy!!! Another successful hibernation - brilliant!!!

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Awww lucky you!! Must have been lovely to see her in the wide awake club. wub.gif

Do you have an outdoor heated enclosure for her or does she come indoors until it warms up?

Paula x

#4 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

My smaller tortoises always wake first, as they have a smaller body mass, so always have an inside enclosure to be kept in.
If my adults wake, I have large cardboard boxes to keep them in, with a desk lamp or the like to keep them warm. Until they are eating well, then they go back into the greenhouse where I have heating.

It gets a bit hairy if they all wake together:0) luckily that has not happend yet:0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users