Weigh in..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Weighed and checked all mine today. They are all doing just fine & dandy, minimal weight loss - 2 had loss 1g the other 4 hadn't lost anything! 1 more month to go! :rolleyes:

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:24 PM

weighed my to remaning in the fridge henrik was 431 and now is 417 and homer was 240 now231.they have both lost a bit of weight is this oc?

#3 Guest_koopa_*

Guest_koopa_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

glad your lot are doing well dawn!

Bruce, I think that so long as they don't lose more than 10% of body weight overall they should be fine. To be on the safe side maybe go from the weight they were before wind down and not from the weight they went in at. although alot of people go by the weight they were when they went in. it's up to you.

This is what i did, but am sure someone else that reads this can give you a better answer.

katie xx

#4 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

What substrate are you using Bruce? As I said on another post last year when I used ambiouse mine lost loads of weight but this year they're on soil and are barely losing anything, maybe this is why??? As long as you're certain they haven't wee'd then I wouldn't worry too much, they will soon put it all back on and then some during the summer

#5 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

i used kitchen roll as i did not want to dig them out of the soil to weigh them.maybe will try the soil next year.not seen any sign of wee.an other two three weeks to go!

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

None of mine have dug into the soil at all. They are all sitting on the top! I weighed them today and up until now each had only lost max 2g, but today Hettie was 4g lighter. I did a thorough check for a damp patch but couldnt see (or feel) anything different.

Paula x

#7 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

I used slightly damp soil and there has been almost no weight lost at all. And they didn't dig down- like Paula's they sit on top of the soil. When I lift them for weighing I have to brush the damp soil off to get the weight accurate.

Two of mine have been up for a week now and I'm happy with them (after a minor panic to begin with).

Probably I'll leave the others another few weeks if the weights hold up. I might loose my nerve with the smallest one and wake it up next weekend though!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users