New tort table........almost finished

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

Sounds like a good lamp.

with the Solar Glo which are now getting good reviews for less than 40 and in some cases only 29.
[/quote]

#22 Guest_wizzasmum_*

Guest_wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Feb 10 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a good lamp.

with the Solar Glo which are now getting good reviews for less than 40 and in some cases only 29.

It's excellent - I used it for all my babies last year and had brilliant activity and growth. I have already ordered several more for this year as no doubt some greedy traders will jump on the bandwagon and up the prices before long which is a shame wink.gif

#23 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:30 AM

Well, its the early hours of Friday morning ( 2.27 a.m. now ) and I am really hoping to move Esmeralda & Herman into their new home tomorrow ( today actually !! )
Thank you so much to everyone for your replies and helpful advice. For the time being I am going to use the uv tube and the heat lamp that I have at the moment in the viv. They are only about 6 weeks old now so I will probably wait until one needs replacing and then get the combined uv/heat lamp.

Sue - The Exo-Terra Solar Glo sunlamp sounds good. My substrate under the sheltered area is about 6" deep. I shall also have a hide in under there.

Kay - I dont think I can have the lighting off from the balcony, not easily anyway. Dont laugh........but we may be adding another floor above what is the balcony now. The ramp we have now is 26" long and rises 10" to the balcony. If we put another floor above the balcony we can have a ramp parallel to the other ramp, but above it, with a length of 49" going to a height of 26" to the top floor. The gradient would not be much more than the lower ramp because of the longer length. Does that make sense? Anyway, it is at drawing board stage at present !! When the torts are out in the summer we may make that our next project.

Kay, Sandy & Paula - Taking holiday bookings now. No extra charge for a room with a balcony. lol.

Hermie & Pebble - Sorry I dont know your name. I will definately have a lip or blustrade round the sides, thanks. I dont want them bungee jumping off !!

Ozric - Sorry I dont know your name either but thanks for the 'master joiner' comment. I dont think it would stand up to close scrutiny though !! lol

I will post more pics when Esme & Herman are in residence. I think I will call it 'Tortoise Towers'. biggrin.gif

Jackie
xxx

#24 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

Well, Esme and Herman moved in yesterday. It was pretty quiet all day, I think they were a bit nervous to begin with but today they have been off exploring, hiding, climbing and nibbling. They both went upstairs once as far as I know, I was watching pretty much all day but had to turn my back occasionally !!

My son thinks that I have too much in there but there is still a lot of clear space in areas and they can get past or around everything. I haven't put anything close to the sides of course. I have left the plants in pots as it will be easier to transplant them outside in the summer when Esme & Herman move to their outside enclosure ( yet to be arranged). I have lots of pansies at the moment so I could plant them in the topsoil but I think its good for them to reach to nibble. Any thoughts on that anyone ?

Here are a few photos I have taken today.

Herman on a hike upstairs.....

Exploring..... I wonder whats through here .....

Lunchtime - Decisions, decisions.....lettuce or pansies ?

I love this photo....it speaks volumes !!

Jackie
xx

#25 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Lol not too much in there, but it wont stay looking so nice:0)
Once they have found their feet, they will wreck all the plants. I remember when my indoor enclosures looked like that:0)
Not any more:0( Probably because they dont spend too much time inside now, just a month or two depending on when they get up from hibernation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users