Hope everyone is okay!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

Hi

I havent hibernated my 2 new babies this year due to my inexperience, but I feel that I will next year with all the support available on here. I just wanted to say that I hope all is okay with everybody and that all torts will soon be awake and active - particularly those hibernating outside as it has been extremely harsh this winter.

Personally, I am looking forward to the warmer weather so I can get out and build my outdoor enclosure. Having spent a great deal of money last year having my garden landscaped, my other half is not amused! :angry2:

Oh well - never mind. he he

Pat x

#2 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

I've got a few things to sort out before I wake mine up. I like to put them in the spare bedroom to start with - but son's back home for a while. I put them in the dog crate but we now have a new puppy, so got o fix something else up.

#3 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Lin, if your up this way you can borrow the dog crate we have!! I would still put them in yours son's room . :laugh:

#4 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

hi pat

i bought my 3 babys back in june/july 09 and hibernated them in the fridge dec 09 and there to be woken up this weekend i cant wait :ohmy: :ohmy:

this was my first hibernation so totally no expericance what so ever, but thanks to this forum it has been a almost worry free hibernation there here to answer any question or worry you may have and offer there support and advice

i used the fridge method so i could moniter the temps and of course check on them..lol.. they were weighed weeekly some ppl advise against others do weigh weekly i went with almost every week for my own sanity whilst they were sleeping almost soundly i was worrying my head off..lol..
but the end is nigh and im happy to say i cant wait for this years hibernation as its boosted my confidence with them ten fold :ohmy: :ohmy:

tomorrow i set there cage back up and sunday i bring them out of the fridge (was meant to be saturday but im not in all day so cant keep a eye on them so sunday is tortoise day and im all theres..lol)

it feels like im geting them for the first time all over again its great..LOL..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users