green house

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

WOW! Bruce thats fantastic! Shame about the greenhouse...so did they give you a refund on it cos it blew down?? Thats unusual! Down here they'd just say tough! lol!!

#42 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

well i have only paid part of it and i told them they can swing for the rest so i think they are going to pick it up!!! the new improved one is solid ill eat my hat if that blows away!!!!

#43 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

We'll keep you to that!! :LOL:

Plan 'B' is looking great already. Does this mean your little chaps will be able to stay outside for more of the year? We have poured the concrete footings for ours today... it's a start!

Paula x

#44 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

paula with the weather up here i can only expect 5 months tops outside a year.you have to remember i am closer to norway than i am to you lot down their.i have sheets of king span to put in their but you have to watch what i am doing as it works both ways it can keep the heat in but also it will keep the cold in to when their is no heat on if you know what i mean it takes a lot longer to warm up!!!!!

#45 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:55 PM

Bruce that was a shame after the work you put into the greenhouse. Its right windy up your way. A mate of mine in Stirling had his greenhouse blown away not long ago as well. It does happen.

I'm sure you would find some useful plans on the internet for your roof, to get some ideas.

http://www.gp.com/bu...;elementid=3765

I'm not good at that sort of thing!

Jonathan

#46 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

thanks jonathan i am not that great itheir but i do try!!!!!

#47 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

almost finnished a bit of paint and get the power in then they will be untill september with a bit of luck!!!

#48 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

you like dawn?this cost about 150 tops built it all myself.quite happy with it.hope they will be safe in it.
i made a few changes thanks to paula and her husband.
thinking of painting the inside black to hold in the heat dose anyone know any tort friendly paint

thanks

bruce

#50 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

Do I like????????????? Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks brilliant Bruce!! I'm very impressed - though dont forget to post pictures of it when its finished

#51 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

Flipping heck Bruce, that's FAB!!! You taking in lodgers? A fortnight in August would be good!!!!

#52 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

all lodgers welcome!!
their is space for more torts!!!but lorna dosnt know that yet!!!

#53 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

Whats the roof made from?

#54 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

its made from perspex dawn 5mm.i have herd from a good sorce that it will let in some uv.as he uses it and as a uv meter and has tried it inside his perspex inclousers.so its better than glass

#55 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hey, hey, hey!! Someone's been busy. :) Looking good Bruce. Your little guys are gonna just luuuuurve you. :D Not long now and they will all be able to enjoy the summer. :wub: Paula x

#56 Guest_Ozric_*

Guest_Ozric_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

Bruce that looks excellent. You insulated the back wall to make a heat trap?

#57 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

yes jonathan thats the idea.i will do the sides when i get a bit more money!!!the king span and lining is not cheep!!!but i will need it up here.its been snowing of and on all week its the coldist spring i can remember.its got to heat up soon!!!!
i have not checked on the local lizards this year yet they should be up and about by now but with the weather we are having i dont know.will have a look this weekend if we get a good day

#58 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

Flippin' 'eck! Your still getting snow??????? Oo-er! What lizards to you get round there...wild ones? Are they lizards or newts?

#59 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

we get wall lizards slow worms and adders round here all in the wild.i take my son to watch them.their is a place not far from mine where they live.i posted pics of them last year on here.if i remember you wernt impressed with the slow worms!!!!they can live about 40 to 50 years!!!!

#60 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Hi Bruce - I have just used Cuprinol Shades which states being eco friendly and safe for pets. It comes in Black - well almost black, I have just used it on my enclosure to match the other timber in the garden.

Pat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users