Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Oh yeah, thats right I remember now!!! :blink:

#63 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:12 PM

just about their!!!they stayed in last nite with no probs and came out this morning into the garden for food!!!so thats good.i have a big drawer in thei with a bit of king span on the bottom and a tube heater on a stat set for 15degrees.so they will be oc at nite if they use it!!!!then i have my combi light in their for dull days like today.i have two sheets of perspex on roof to try and keep heat in

#64 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

I'm sooooooooooooo jealous!!! Thats simular to how my new tortie house will look when I get the money to spend on it!!!! lol!!! Whats on the front facing panal of it? Is that left open or will it be boarded in?

#65 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

their is perspex on it.i just put in on before i painted it.should of painted it first!!!

#66 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

It looks brilliant Bruce, your tortoises will love it.

#67 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

That's a great job Bruce, I can't wait to get mine outside and soaking up all that natural UV. :D Now all they need is a sunny summer!!Paula x

#68 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:10 AM

Hi BruceLooking good! I built my house for them at the weekend, I have some insulation (donated by my local builders merchants) but it will restrict the space in their to about a foot square so might have to halve it width ways so that it doesnt get too hot! Now I have got to build a cold frame and attach it to the front which will give them access to their garden - sooo many plans, sooo little time and even less DIY skills! :D I have very talented sons and brothers who could make things in an instant - but where are they when you need them? :rolleyes: On your tubular heater bruce do you have it linked to a thermostat? If so is it a wired in one? Pat

#69 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

thanks pat.i have the tube heater pluged into a vivarium thermostat.works great i went out at midnite just to check!!!!and it was working fine 16.5 degrees.so it will keep the chill of them.i dont know if they have come out today as i have been working but one of them was sitting at the door of thei sleep hut so maybe they were.as been raining all day though :(

#70 Guest_Pat_*

Guest_Pat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

i have the tube heater pluged into a vivarium thermostat.works great i went out at midnite just to check!!!! :LOL: The things we do! I had seen the plug in thermostats does that mean the thermostat has to be near the heater or does it have a probe?I am sure my neighbours look on in amusement when I am seen on my hands and knees "talking to the plants". My two have stealth shells and can disappear in an instant!Pat

#71 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

Pat,
their is a probe on the stat.its not a pulse stat but it dose the job

bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users