PHEEEEWWWWW!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Well had to get mine up last night - got home from work and always check the temp, everyone in the house checks everytime they pass the fridge. Nearly had a heart attack!!!!!! 37.1!!!!!!!!! Luckily the kids had come in with me so 3 of us there- it was fridge open- draw open box out in 2 seconds flat.

They are fine... panic over, but heart was going like mad! Thought I had cooked them :(

Think the batteries had run down on thermometer because after I fiddled with them it came back to 6 so all was well. I couldn't put them back in then- don't think I could have slept. So while they warmed up on the kitchen table we made up the table- which was all ready except the layout. They had a bath after they had started to move around, still in the kitchen, then popped them on the table for a bit of a warm then another slightly warmer bath, and they had a mooch then fell asleep!! lol

Was planning on getting them up today so it was well timed if a bit frantic!

They have now been up, had a warm, had a bath and had a meal this morning. Phew!!! So nice to see them again :wub: :wub:

Lezlie xx

#2 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

aww glad there awake and eating
only thing is i cant find any weeds for mine at all im in a panic.lol

mine are right now warming up as i type

#3 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

I went out last night in the dark and couldn't find any either, was going to do a shop run this morn but in daylight have found some really small dandilion and clover just shooting up. Will go further afield than the lawn later today nad see what I can find. Would rather stick to the wild stuff but probably get some lambs lettuce in as well just in case.

Let me know how urs are doing.

Tell you what.. they look bigger!! lol might be just because I haven't seen them properly but their little legs don't look so little!! :wub:

Lezlie xx

#4 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

lol im just waiting for there eyes to open boris"s just has to phew 1 down two to go..lol..

i have got a measly few weeds and i mean a measly..lmao..ive got some raddicho and lambs lettuce for the time being till i go to the feild were i normally get them from and see what that has to offer..lol.

#5 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hermie was moving around and eyes open quicker than Pebs, she was a while longer. But the last couple of times I have checked them this week Hermie was more responsive, so wasn't surprised he got up a bit quicker. Hermie was more interested in the bath as well, cleaning his head and that while Pebs just seemed to snuggle down in the warm!! lol

They are so different at he best of times, nice to know they still have their same little ways.

I was going to feed them a couple of small meals a day for a start rather than one meal as they used to get, not sure if this is right but seems a bit easier on their system than eating too much to quick. I'm sure someone will let me know if this is wrong :blush:

Lezlie xx

#6 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

This is when its great to have some campanula (low growing variety) growing in a sheltered place in the garden. As there are plenty of leaves growing on them, and helps mix in with the odd dandy leaf I find. Also bittercress is around this time of the year.

#7 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:18 PM

I know I haven't got campanula but I will have a look for bittercress. I will pop up the mountain later and have a nose too, bound to be something around but I am out of practice on the weed spotting. :D They seem to have been sleeping for ages, and it's only been 8 weeks. Must be really strange for you lot with the older guys who are down for nearly half the year!!!

Lezlie xx

#8 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Hey that's great news! Glad everyone is doing well. :D

I am getting mine up tomorrow. Although all are doing so well I did wonder whether to give them any longer than the 8 weeks, is it a minimum or would it be better to get them up now? I am dying to see them up and about but am aware there's not many weeds around, that it is cold and this made me wonder about giving them any longer?

Paula x

#9 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hey that's great news! Glad everyone is doing well.

I am getting mine up tomorrow. Although all are doing so well I did wonder whether to give them any longer than the 8 weeks, is it a minimum or would it be better to get them up now? I am dying to see them up and about but am aware there's not many weeds around, that it is cold and this made me wonder about giving them any longer?

Paula x

Like I said one of mine was showing signs of waking so probably about right for him but to be honest I think Pebble would have stayed asleep!! Shes bathed, drunk, eaten ok but has slept most of the day, and took longer to wake up.

Mine are also 08s so didn't want too long a sleep this year. I have managed ok for weeds actually after a bit of a hunt, and theres always supermarket stuff to bump it up.

fingers crossed for you when you get them up anyway xx

Lezlie xx

#10 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Thanks Lezlie,

My two little guys are 07's and Hettie is an 04. I think I shall get them up, Hettie has had problems in the past and so didn't hibernate last year, I don't want to push our luck.

Paula x

#11 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:06 PM

Its so good to hear all your torts are waking up fit and healthy :wub:

I've still got another 3 or 4 weeks to go. def gonna leave them (god willing) till begginning of march though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users