warming up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

well i was up at 6am doing out there cage because Boop decided last night at 4am was her time to be wide awake did i have a shock when i checked the fridge to see her peeking over the box with eyes wide open, (my daughter had a sleepover so thats why i was awake at that stupid hour girls gabbing and taking grrrrrrrrr)

anyway there now warming up and hopfully soon will be munching away..... just goes to show they wont work around me i have to work around them..lmao..

#2 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Mine are sleeping again!! blimey you'd think they'd be happy to be up.

How goes it with yours?

Lezlie xx

#3 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

not to sure to be honest

boop has eatin but ive yet to catch boris and betty :ohmy: (

all three have had very long drinks whilst they were in there baths so thats a good thing ill be giving them more today and hopefully ill see the other two eat
but there still very slow lights have been on since 7am and no sign of them so far.LOL it is sunday so there probably having a lie in..lmao..

i suppose it takes a while for them to come out of hibernation mode?? i mean before hibernation they were bombing all over the place and yesterday it was just plod plod sleep plod sleep plod..lol

#4 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:21 AM

lmao oh gawd make a lier out of me boop has just come out of her hidey.lmao

#5 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:04 AM

Lol it does take some a little while to settle, and get really heated through and through. They will soon be back getting into mischief.

#6 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

Mine are up and eating this morn, will be having another bath then. Hermie is way more active than Pebs, but she is up and about and was sitting in the water bowl when I took their food in so I'm thinking she is fine.

Don't forget the drinking is the most important initialy, and some torts take a while to eat again. They have only been up a day, I'd still be wrapped in a blanket freezing and moaning!!! lol

Lezlie xx

#7 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

how long before i should really start to worry boris has yet to eat ive put everything infront of him but he is just walking away from it :ohmy: (

he is walking round the cage and has drunk both in the bath and ive seen him drinking from the water dish

he woke 10:30am 13th feb

#8 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

From what I've read they can take a while, it's still early to panic. Drinking is good. Whats he like in himself? and hows the weight, did he lose much in hibernation? I know its hard not to worry. Hermie is eating well, but Pebble who is eating is not staying on the tray until its all gone like they both used to, so they are all different. Maybe if he's drunk alot he dosen't yet feel hungry?

Have you tried the cucumber thing? Apparently not many torts can resist cucumber!!

Good luck

Lezlie xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users