Just waiting...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hettie, Bailey and Baby Boo are out of the fridge!

Just waiting for them to wake up.... so excited!!

Paula x

#2 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

'We' are starting to shuffle, just very slightly... we don't want to rush these things! :wub:

Paula x

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:24 AM

Bailey has his eyes open!!!! There are a few huffs and squeaks coming from them too!

Paula x

#4 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

theres alot of fingers crossed hun! I am just as worried/ excited for everyone else's torts as I was for mine!!!

:( / :) / :D / :wub:

Thinking of you xx

#5 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

Good morning Hettie, Bailey and Boo - Happy valentines day to the three of you :wub:

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Well, all three are up, bathed (twice), but are very 'quiet'.

Hettie has eaten a little, made some squelching noises in the bath, not sure if she drank, she was washing her face.
Bailey had a long drink in his second bath but has refused any food. AND.. he had a poo, now I feel bad for him not being completely empty going in the fridge.
Baby Boo squelched his face but if he was drinking he was hiding it well, he has eaten a little. None of them are exploring, just kind of quiet.

I have been weed walking and found little bits of lots of weeds, Mallow, Dandies, Plantain, Vetch, Hawk... something...the small one! Cleaver, Clover, Autumn hawk..something..the orange flower one, bristley, enough in the fridge for a few days. I even found one lonely dandie flower! I was surprised at how little there is about though. A bit of sunshine and they'll be well away, won't be long now!

I hope things are going well for all the other torts getting up this weekend?

Paula x

#7 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:36 AM

Glad they're up and about, Paula

#8 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

How are your three little shelled ones now Paula? Hope they have woken up a bit more? They are very lucky - all those weeds in the fridge...yum yum!

#9 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

Thanks Chaps!

Bailey didn't eat for the 1st day and most of the second... I know I shouldn't but I hand offered him a bit of plantain, I was worried sick something was going to go wrong. Once he'd had a good sniff he was away, phew!

I don't know why but I expected them to be charging around after a big sleep, but everyone remains rather quiet. A sleepy bath, a little to eat, then lots of sitting around.

Paula x

#10 Guest_Robink_*

Guest_Robink_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hi Paula, glad to see your tribe are all up and well :D :D , your niece's our up as well :wub: :wub:

#11 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:53 AM

Just to say, eating is not the biggest worry when they come out of hibernation, its dehydration:0)
I now have six of mine up, only the smaller hatchlings ate the first day, as they dont take so long to warm up. The two hybrids I have both weigh about 260grms and didnt eat until the second day.
But it does bring a big sigh of relief when they do eat:0)

#12 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

Mine are all still sleeping zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

#13 Guest_markf_*

Guest_markf_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

aww such good news! Glad its going well for you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users