Some pics of Macey's enclosure :)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Samantha_*

Guest_Samantha_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Here are some pics :)

I am using newspaper at the moment for her bedding... is there anything else i should be using instead? And her drinkin dish didn't have stones it at first but when she was climbing in she fell in and landed on her back so filled it up with stones so she doesnt fall again! :(

#2 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

Looks good!

#3 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

lol- mine have done the ''fall in the water so filled it up with stones'' thing as well- little treasures!! :rolleyes:

Looking good- I don't use bedding, mine just dig down in the soil. I have tried different things but found they tried to eat most of it!! so have stuck with soil. I do still have a couple of flannels in there though as they quite like to bury in those and is something I'v never seen them try to eat. :D

How is Macey settling? she's looking happy :wub:

#4 Guest_wuz06_*

Guest_wuz06_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

I have quite a shallow water dish for Nettle but I still reckon she could drown in it because she is tiny herself, but if I put pebbles in it she cant get to the water!!! should i just try smaller pebbles!??

The trouble they cause aye'!

I also just use topsoil as bedding, she has varous hidey holes but she prefers to just wiggle into her soil a little bit and sleep there!

x

#5 Guest_Samantha_*

Guest_Samantha_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:15 PM

I just thought i'd use some sort of bedding as i thought she'd get cold during the night! What is flannel? Might use some of that :) Macey loves it... i think! She likes to walk around it in circles, through the soil... then into the water bowl... out the water bowl and across the slate for her food then through the soil again then into the water bowl, she just keeps repeatin this. Quite funny :wub:

xx :rolleyes: xx

#6 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

Flannel as in a face flannel!! lol made of toweling? It wasn't a trick, honest. When I got them from Darran he had all his babies on toweling as they are able to turn over by getting a claw to a loop in the towel. I kept them on towels as well, but only for half the enclosure, had sand/topsoil the other. Now they are on sand/topsoil but has a flannel draped over one of their wooden bridges and they go hide in there, or crawl into the folds of the flannel.

I liked them on the towel as well as they didin't try to eat it!!! which they will do to nearly everything else. lol

Lezlie xx

#7 Guest_Samantha_*

Guest_Samantha_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

Oh i seeee :) like a face cloth? Well i'll just use one of them in her little house, thanks :) xx

#8 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

looks great!!!

two things though.....

1, use soil as the bedding, its natural and they can bury down in it.....

2. be careful using pebbles in the waterbowl.... they are what caused one of my torts to nearly drown! She fell upside down in the bowl and her shell caught under a pebble and that caused her to become trapped with her head under the water :(

#9 Guest_Samantha_*

Guest_Samantha_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Dawn :)

oooh no i hope that doesnt happen to macey!! she's been fine with it so far so hopefully she doesnt fall over again! xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users