Zippys Out!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Zippy "came out" yesterday after 12 long (for us!) weeks in the fridge!

He was awake and wandering about quickly and ate a little after his bath.

Today however hes not quite so active and only came out when i woke him up and put him under his light. He then trundled off to bed again.

Am I ok to give him a bath by waking him up?
Should he be sleeping less by now? Or does it take them a while to "come round" from being in the fridge?

Whats everyone elses torts doing?

Thanks! Amey :wub:

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

hi mines take a few days to get bak in the swing of things.i dont wake them up i just leave them to it.he will come round in a day or two

#3 Guest_wizzasmum_*

Guest_wizzasmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

As the daylilght hours are still relatively short, he will still see this as winter and will not be so active as in summer.

#4 Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*

Guest_Hermie + Pebble_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

Mine have been slow as well, but as was said above, it's still early in the year so I'm not too bothered, they are eating and drinking so I just let them sleep in between.

Lezlie xx

#5 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

Wow, thanks everyone! :wub:

He came out later today and we gave him a bath.

Should the baths be back to cool temp now or still warm?

Also should I wake him to bathe him on only bathe him if he comes out to say hello?

thanks! :wub:

#6 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

aww congrats on a succesful hibernation and hello zippy xx

two of mine ate and drank on there first day of wake and went back to there normal routine but my third took just under 3 days to really get back into the swing of things,

now all three are WRECKING there cage on a daily basis there hooligans..lol..

my three are still on daily baths and have been awake for 2weeks but i may now go back to once a week as there all doing great and freely drink from there water tray.

good luck at the vets x

#7 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

I just had a funny mental image of Zippy 'coming out' :D

Tis great to have the little chaps up and about again. :wub:

Baths should be lukewarm, I am giving my guys a bath most days. The air in our centrally heated home can be quite dry and it doesn't take long for Hettie to end up with grainy urates, although the 'babies' never seem to get this problem. I do 'mist' the soil, I tried to make a humid hide but she would sleep as far away from it as possible. Hopefully things will improve when she goes outside, but if anyone has any ideas....???

Paula x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users