pregnant tortoise?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tasmin_*

Guest_tasmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Hello, I may have a little problem, I think my tortoise has got eggs growing inside her :-( My naughty male had his wicked way with her a few weeks back and I was hoping nothing would come of it, but lately she has been acting strange, not eating, she stays in the same spot for 24hours unless I move her, and when walking she just drags herself along like she's a lump of led.

Last time this happened she was expecting, and I had to have her induced which cost me a fortune in the end (but I didn't mind that it was the fact she had to undergo stress and the injections, my poor thing) and I incubated the eggs but nothing came of it, I really hope she isn't, that is the reason why I split them up in the first place!

So, anyone know if there are "symptoms" to a pregnant tortoise? or am I being paranoid and daft?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

if you thinks she has eggs.an x ray will tell you for sure.

#3 Guest_tasmin_*

Guest_tasmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Yes I think I will have to have her xrayed, I was hoping to figure out if she was expecting for sure or at least 80% before I had the xrays done, I haven't exactly got the spare cash at the mo! but needs must!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users