Egg Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_docturgonzo_*

Guest_docturgonzo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

After your input i have finally had the Humidity in the incubator running at a steady 70% maybe 2 or 3 % more for wlmost 2 weeks. However i have checked today and without been interfered with at all it has suddenly dropped from 70% to Just under 50% in 10 hours.

Is there any reason eggs wise that this would happen or is it just a pants incubator. THe one im using is a home made poly box with 2 x heatmats round the sides hooked up to a stat, The eggs are sat on vermiculite and i have 4 glasses of water in there too.

Do eggs take up sudden amounts of moisture just before hatching and if so could this explain it?

Eggs have been incubated at 31.5 degrees almost al the way through and still seem fine so AGAIN any input would be lovely

Rgards

Andy

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

i dont know why you are loosing humidity.i used a poly box and heat mat like you and didnt have a prob with humidity.
day 58!!!!any time now.mine hatched day 58

good luck andy

#3 Guest_docturgonzo_*

Guest_docturgonzo_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the reply , Day 60 now and they havent hatched ans the nervers are getting too much , Now im starting to doubt they will ever hatch haha. Keep wanting to look in and find a little leg poking out the egg.

I have sprayed the vermic and the humidity is back up2 70 and the egss seem ok so fingers crossed any day now.

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

Keep your camera handy Andy!!

We'll all be watching. :D

Paula x

#5 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

i hope things go well i know someone who has had eggs hatch on day 79 so still time
as i have found it is not as easy as putting eggs in the incubator and thats it.their is a lot that can go wrong.fingers crossed yours will be fine.remember the pics!!!

bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users