wakey wakey!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:42 PM

hi! since zippy came out of hibernation 2 weeks ago, hes still not out and about as much as usual.

if left i think hed stay in his hide all day, so i keep waking him in the morning and getting him under the lamp, where hell be for an hour9ish) and then he goes back to his hide to sleep.

Is this normal for after hibernation? Is it ok that im getting him out... should i keep getting him out? hmmmm..... :wacko:

#2 Guest_Lin_*

Guest_Lin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

I've just got victor & Bentley up and they're eating well. I don't know how much they move around in the day. Is your tort eating well? Where do you keep him? I've got them in a bedroom which gives a nice background temperature, plus their lamp of course. Warm baths help.

#3 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

hi Lin,

thanks for your reply. Zippy eats fine once hes up, but only stays up for an hour or so then back to bed, but once hes out later he stays out under his lamp, until I turn it off! Hes almost nocturnal! :unsure:

He doesnt move around his table much, just sits under his lamp if he is out.

hmmm maybe ill try moving him to the upstairs bedroom where he can get some natural light - hes in the dining room at the moment and theres only a small window there. :huh:

Do you reckon its nice enough for him to go outdoors during the day now? Its lovely out today! :rolleyes:

thanks again :wub:

#4 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

If you can find a nice sunny spot then theres no reason why not - I was sitting in the sun today and it was actually quite warm! Might be advisable to heat him up under the lamp first to give him a boost, then maybe when you bring him in put him back under the lamp...

#5 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Thanks! :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users