outdoor non-toxic plants..?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

hi!

Its that time of year again when I start making the tort enclosure outside!

Its going to be bigger and better than last year for sure! :rolleyes:

Just wondered if anyone knew of any plants, shrubs, bushes etc that I can plant in his run, that arent poisonous to him.

Also what flowers would be good to grow? Last year I grew pansies but that was about it... :wub:

There'll be the usual weeds too!

thanks! :wub:

#2 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:15 PM

if you have a browse of PLANT FORUM on this site, then look under the edible and toxic list you will get rather a lot from it ;)

#3 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

LOL! Ditto claire! I was gonna say that! xx

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Hi Amey,

I have bought a lavender bush and a carex grass for my enclosure, for sitting under rather than to be nibbled! Aaaaand before Lin picks me up on 'for sitting under' you know I mean the torts!! :LOL: :rolleyes:

Paula x

#5 Guest_clairiscrazy_*

Guest_clairiscrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

hmm paula you gave me a idea there i could buy a nice lavander plant and pop that in there outdoor enclosure lol thanks xx and the smell in teh summer would go nice with my rosemary was plant now huge overgrown bush thing pmsl..

#6 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Just wondered if anyone had any quick reference just off the top of their heads to any plants and shrubs i can get at the garden centre that wont be poisonous... excl.gif

Just it takes me ages finding the plants when their in their latin names.... blush.gif

thanks!

#7 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Just wondered if anyone had any quick reference just off the top of their heads to any plants and shrubs i can get at the garden centre that wont be poisonous...

Just it takes me ages finding the plants when their in their latin names.... :wub:

thanks!

#8 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:43 PM

Hi Amey,

I have pm'd you ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users