cold frame?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

hello! Im gonna be building zippy new outdoor enclosure soon and ive noticed a lot of talk on here about cold frames...

can someone explain what they are used for and if i need one..? sorry if i seem clueless! :wub:

#2 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hi Amey,

this subject has been covered a lot just lately, so rather everyone repeat themselves again it would be easier if you do a search on it...click on the search tab in the top right hand corner of the page, enter coldframes and it will bring up loads of posts covering the subject. For photos look in the outdoor housing section

;)

#3 Guest_debbierowe74_*

Guest_debbierowe74_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

just wondering - with a cold frame - do you still need to attach heat lamps etc as this is something i was told before?

#4 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

You don't have to. The coldframe will heat up with the sun (for those of you that have forgotton....thats the big yellow round thing up in the blue younder!)

#5 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

Its easier to put coldframes on blocks of some sort, and leave one out for the tortoises to come and go as they please. They can retain quite a lot of extra heat even when its not so warm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users