Who says torts like to live alone ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

Here are some pictures of Esme & Herman. They sometimes sleep in their own special places alone at night but if they nap during the day they can nearly always be found together with some affectionate contact between them. I think it is lovely. Unfortunately, when I turn the camera on and press the zoom they open their eyes but all of the following photos I began to take as they were sleeping. They will be in these positions for ages, obviously totally comfortable with each other.............

Esme was asleep with her head on Herman's shell for about 30 mins

Herman was asleep with his head leaning on the shell of Esme

Can you guess what Herman is doing here ? A clue......he is not trying to escape !

Believe it or not.............he was sound asleep !! That was until he heard the zoom of the camera.
He was still there for ages after I had taken the photo and actually went back to sleep again in that position.

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

They look so gorgeous together ,they must love each others company,keep taking beautiful photo's
Jay,H and Becky

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi Jackie, fab pictures, looks like they are keeping their eyes on you!

Paula x

#4 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi Paula,
Yes, I try to creep up very quietly to catch them asleep but as soon as the zoom comes out on my camera and lets off a little 'buzz' their eyes open ! I shall have to start putting out the zoom in another room then creep back in to the tort table. I think they have the measure of me though !!
Jackie
xx

#5 Guest_jackiedots_*

Guest_jackiedots_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hi Jay,
All I can say is.......................thank the lord for digital cameras. The amount of photos I take, if I had to have them developed like the old days I would be seriously in debt by now !! lol
Jackie
x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users