advice on shell rubbing please...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

hi!

Ive noticed zippy has two little abrasion marks on his front legs where is shell rubs him. Its not bleeding or anything but it does look to have rubbed a small groove into his scales... Its not got any worse...

Ive put a little tape on his shell to stop it rubbing.

Just wondered if this is normal or I should be worried / doing something to help it..?

thanks! wub.gif

Attached Files

#2 Guest_CindyWho4_*

Guest_CindyWho4_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi. I wish I could answer your question since it sucks when you want advice and can't find any. It really looks painful! Does it seem to hurt him? Hope someone is along to help soon. Take care!

#3 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

Pleeeeeeease any ideas anyone...?

Am currently trying to find a decent tort vet in my area, but until then just wanted some advice on here from you guys....?

wub.gif

#4 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi Amey,

This guy is listed in the vets section. I have no experience of using him but if he might at least be able to point you in the right direction of one closer to you?

JEREMY STATTERSFIELD
33/35 CASTLE STREET
DOVER
KENT
CT16 1PT

TEL: 01304 206989

Perhaps you might be able to get an email adress and send him the picture you posted?

Paula x

#5 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Hettie @ Apr 20 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Amey,

This guy is listed in the vets section. I have no experience of using him but if he might at least be able to point you in the right direction of one closer to you?

JEREMY STATTERSFIELD
33/35 CASTLE STREET
DOVER
KENT
CT16 1PT

TEL: 01304 206989

Perhaps you might be able to get an email adress and send him the picture you posted?

Paula x

thanks! I think ill contact him!

Actually worked out how he was making the marks on his legs - he's been turning himself upside down a bit recently and it must be then when his little legs rub on his shell.

so ive taped his shell up some more and prevented him from climbing to tip over, hopefully it will improve and if not it will be a trip to a (reputable!) vets! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#6 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Awwwww bless, don't forget Amey... they're no trouble!! wub.gif rolleyes.gif

Paula x

#7 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

Have you tried putting a plaster on the edge of his shell? We have stuff at the hospital called Sleek (?sp) (I think thats what its called...I'll double-check tomorrow) its a adhesive plaster. Its really good stuff. That might help....

#8 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

hiya!

yeah the plaster is round the edge of his shell, not on his leg.

I think it will improve now! wub.gif thanks everyone! rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users