cold frame question?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

hiya!

I know theres tonnes of posts on these but just wondered if someone could give me a quick reply as i can't find the answer im looking for...

whats a cold frame for..? just like a mini greenhouse / shelter to keep the torts warm outside?

I have one Ive been using to grow his seeds in and as thinking of adapting it to fit his run so he can go in and out of it, if its a good thing for them to have..?

thanks and sorry to be a dunce! :wub:

#2 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

If they are put on bricks or the like, with one brick left out so they can come and go as they please.
They make great housing during the Summer months. They do retain quite a lot of heat on duller days too.

#3 Guest_michele_*

Guest_michele_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (avons82 @ Apr 16 2010, 12:56 PM)
hiya!

I know theres tonnes of posts on these but just wondered if someone could give me a quick reply as i can't find the answer im looking for...

whats a cold frame for..? just like a mini greenhouse / shelter to keep the torts warm outside?

I have one Ive been using to grow his seeds in and as thinking of adapting it to fit his run so he can go in and out of it, if its a good thing for them to have..?

thanks and sorry to be a dunce! :wub:

I have a cover from a seed tray,plastic with vents at the top,hubby cut a large gap on the front for my tortoise to go inside,if it's a tiny tort this is ideal especially if space is limited

#4 Guest_avons82_*

Guest_avons82_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

thanks guys! think ill adapt my mini greenhouse this weekend! :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users