- - - - -

So much for high temps when laying

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

I have a female ibera digging a nest at the moment, and just started to lay her eggs. The temps outside are around 15c and the sun is only coming out now and again:0)
She is also digging in my lawn like my other ibera so easy to see.
I cant believe she is laying when the temps are much lower than they were yesterday.
You live and learn:0)

#2 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (cyberangel @ Apr 25 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a female ibera digging a nest at the moment, and just started to lay her eggs. The temps outside are around 15c and the sun is only coming out now and again:0)
She is also digging in my lawn like my other ibera so easy to see.
I cant believe she is laying when the temps are much lower than they were yesterday.
You live and learn:0)

great news sandy.mines only lay under the heat lamp.so will have to watch out for that.12degress here today all my lot are out,coming in and out their new house

#3 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

How great is that? You must have happy girls... just doing what comes naturally. wub.gif

Paula x

#4 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

Great news, congratulations Sandy wub.gif

#5 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

congratulations,brilliant news!!
Jay,H and Becky

#6 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

Well Mojo layed five and a bit eggs:0) Five large eggs and one really small one. Which I dont expect to hatch, but unless you try you dont know:0)

#7 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

awwww wub.gif fingers crossed for them all....especially the little one! Can you post some more when they 'chalk up' so that we can see what its all about....

#8 Guest_Hettie_*

Guest_Hettie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Having no experience of eggs I hadn't imagined they would come in different sizes like that. rolleyes.gif
Ooooh yes, more pictures so that we can be 'talked through' would be great!

Paula x

#9 Guest_cyberangel_*

Guest_cyberangel_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Well another five eggs found this morning in my greenhouse on the soil:0( This will mean either they are infertile (one of my females has not laid before, but was showing signs of being gravid, so could be hers. I also found a part dug nest when I got home from the in-law yesterday) or that the female could hold of to them while needing to dig a nest. Anyway I have put them in the incubator along with the others. I still have three other females who could be gravid.
The best year ever so far for me and eggs, in over fifteen years of breeding. And this early.
Other years I know I have missed eggs, and dont bother to look for them:0)

#10 Guest_Dawn_*

Guest_Dawn_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

WOW!!!! Exciting!!! You must be thrilled Sandy biggrin.gif Do you keep all yours or do you sell them (as a breeder)?

#11 Guest_brucefairweather_*

Guest_brucefairweather_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

great news sandy hope you get loads more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users